Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 09:28 PM

Re: The things that make your day

Originally Posted by mart ->
Succeeding with a technical challenge always gives satisfaction.

Installing Windows 7 on a spare computer and getting a favourite old game to run on it (Bejeweled Twist) made my day. It doesn't work with Windows 10.
I sense a great deal of satisfaction on this one Mart, well done you.

Hey, I love to play bejeweled on facebook, I'm not sure I remember Bejeweled Twist though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 09:40 PM

LQ, When l meet boys who were in my class at school, all they remember about me and remind me of, is when it was the Cuban Crisis!
Just before 3pm when the nuclear bomb was going to be fired, l started to cry, saying, ‘l don’t want to die’!
I was really sobbing and the RE teacher stopped the class to console and reassure me.

I’m not sure about it making my day but the boys have never forgotten it, all these years later!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I sense a great deal of satisfaction on this one Mart, well done you.

Hey, I love to play bejeweled on facebook, I'm not sure I remember Bejeweled Twist though.
Here's a screenshot of Bejeweled Twist. The gems in the circle can be rotated to make a line. There's much more to it than that but it's what basically sets it apart from other gem matching games.

Another thing that makes my day is eating the fruit and veg that I helped to grow on the allotment. We won't have to buy any potatoes for a while.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:31 PM

Very simple pleasures that I try to have every day. Starting by our dog Tex bounding in to smother us with love every morning then curling up between us for a little extra snooze. Then just sitting down with my wife and son having breakfast with the morning news program on the ABC. Simple, corny and it just doesn't get any better.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 05:53 PM

Waking up every morning is a very good start, especially after a heart attack some eleven years' ago now. Next I guess is seeing my daughter getting on with her life, and also my granddaughters who are both doing well in their lives. Then comes the way their two dogs 'mob' me whenever I visit, a really mad pair at times they are. All that follows in part the first item, which is I can still do everything I used to, probably very slightly slower but then I am older than I was, also my mother always reckoned I am like my father – two speeds, slow and stop!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I love, love, love how you love that dog, it's just so heartwarming Bes
Thank you, LQ.
Everybody loves him. At the lady's house where we pick up Ozzie, the great grand daughter aged about six, ran out to play with Max and give him a big hug. He laps it up of course.

But some sad news. The guy who used to walk Ozzie for her went downhill rapidly in just a few weeks. Alzheimer's then lung and heart failure. He passed away yesterday.

We don't know what will happen to Ozzie longer term but........
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 07:09 PM

Going to Waitrose looking at the flowers, one of my delivery men coming up behind me and saying lady ***** so no delivery this week I said no only need a few bits and bobs, he said so what flower do you want I said these a £10 pound bunch. He took them from me put a sticker on them saying with complements, I said why because you came to the store, I said thank you so much. Gosh I was smiling all the way round the store. Yes My title is lady, my husband is lord. If you want to know just ask wink wink.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 07:17 PM

When l meet boys who were in my class at school, all they remember about me and remind me of, is when it was the Cuban Crisis!
Just before 3pm when the nuclear bomb was going to be fired, l started to cry, saying, ‘l don’t want to die’!
I was really sobbing and the RE teacher stopped the class to console and reassure me.

I know I am diverting from the thread Art, but I was in Primary 7 at the time of the Cuba Crisis and remember the teacher stopping lessons in order to say a special prayer.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 08:38 PM

The other day my day was made by hearing that my 3 year old great grandson had expressed a wish to visit me, "I neeeeed to visit Gran-gran now! I miss her face!"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2019, 09:35 PM

Not getting disgruntled on any day is enough.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top