Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 04:46 PM

I could weep

Went up to farm, when I got back hubby said he could do with new slipper. So off to town we went parked car In disabled bay put my badge up and off we went to M&S. got hubbies slippers I got leggings and a jumper, got back to the car and there was a ticket on it. Hubby went to the machine disabled people with badge no charge. I opened the ticket and neely fainted my blue badge was out of date by 2 weeks £50 fine.
When we got home hubby rang the blue badge people they said oh we stopped sending out reminders in January. Hubby said oh great just cost us £50. Very expensive pair of slippers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Re: I could weep

Oh dear, poor you Ethel.

Fancy them not sending reminders any more!

I bet there will be many people caught out like that now.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ethel ->
Went up to farm, when I got back hubby said he could do with new slipper. So off to town we went parked car In disabled bay put my badge up and off we went to M&S. got hubbies slippers I got leggings and a jumper, got back to the car and there was a ticket on it. Hubby went to the machine disabled people with badge no charge. I opened the ticket and neely fainted my blue badge was out of date by 2 weeks £50 fine.
When we got home hubby rang the blue badge people they said oh we stopped sending out reminders in January. Hubby said oh great just cost us £50. Very expensive pair of slippers.
Ouch................
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 05:06 PM

What a shame Ethel.

I would have thought they could at least have sent you a letter a few months ago to say they were no longer sending out reminders.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ethel ->

Ethel..try writing and explain about not receiving a reminder..plus they hadn't notified you of this taking place.

I recieved a parking ticket some yrs back...I was due in court...I was extremely stressed over this...I forgot to pay,in the indoor car park...I wrote to them explaining my situation...I was let off...it's worth a try,
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Ethel..try writing and explain about not receiving a reminder..plus they hadn't notified you of this taking place.

I recieved a parking ticket some yrs back...I was due in court...I was extremely stressed over this...I forgot to pay,in the indoor car park...I wrote to them explaining my situation...I was let off...it's worth a try,
Oh Pauline hubby paid when we got home, I would rather do that than hubby get his self in a mess over it, he dose get so stressed over bills. He had to go to court for his PIP he said never again thank god an MS doctor was there. The court was outraged that he had been made to attend.
Never understand how people just get given stuff so easily. I told him farther christmas will be cutting down on his Christmas presents llllol.
Ethel
England

07-10-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a shame Ethel.

I would have thought they could at least have sent you a letter a few months ago to say they were no longer sending out reminders.
What I do not understand Mags is the reminder comes with the forms for renewal, I have to do it on line tomorrow. some people will be in a real mess.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 05:57 PM

I know what you mean it is annoying when jobsworths fine you for a genuine mistake but it sounds like your husband is a bit like me. I would get more upset in this situation about arguing than the fifty pound is worth.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a shame Ethel.

Cost reduction.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Feel for you both Ethel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top