Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:52 AM

Re: Are you a "morning" person?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
We are very similar in this respect, Baz, as you know
Night shifts screw you up don't they?

I would yearn for more time to do things during the day but now I've been off sick for six weeks (and counting) I have too much time on my hands - but that is due to my ailment as I'm not physically able top do anything much!
Sod's law isn't it just?!!
And the worse thing is, I'm still up during the night. My body clock hasn't adjusted even after this time being away from work.
The term "living nightmare" is actually a reality

*By the way, I went back to bed again this morning at 8.30, up again at 10 and I'm feeling much better now!
Yes, they definitely do that. When you think how long it's taken your body clock to become out of kilter it's quite difficult to get it back to being how it once was. There must be a way though, I would have thought. Perhaps adjusting sleep by half-an-hour a day might work, slowly getting back to what is usual. Plenty of daylight would also probably help in this as that affects part of the brain.

With the modern 'sleep clinics' it might be of help to contact one of those, through your GP perhaps. So much more is known nowadays so there may be a way of changing what has happened.

Personally, and at maybe 20 years your senior though, I just sleep when I want to as there's nothing and nobody depending on me. I do often find that on waking at 'silly hours' returning to sleep for a few hours later I do feel far better. Also being busy when up and about does help, it keeps the mind and body busy. With you being unable to be active very much due to your current health problem that's not helping as I doubt you are tired the same as you otherwise would be. Also your previous keeping fit regime would activate the 'feel good factor' which comes from what our brains release by way of hormones due to exercise, that's always been known to be good for us.

Good luck with getting your health sorted and back to your usual self though, plus getting off nights eventually.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I am squarely a morning person. I'm up with the kookaburras every morning at around 6.30 and it's my job to get the other two up and going. Not trying to rub it in Floydy but I love mornings. My house backs on to national park bushland and the morning atmosphere is magic if it's a nice day. Always been the same.
PS Glad you're feeling better Floydy!
I'd love mornings if I was in your part of the world, Keezoy.
Don't get me wrong though, weekends are fine and I'm always up and about early. And generally I'm in bed until 1pm anyway after work during the week, so maybe I don't even see the mornings normally.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 11:16 AM

I wake up refreshed and happy. It’s when l get tired later, that l might get a bit grumpy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 02:27 PM

I'm available any time.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I am squarely a morning person. I'm up with the kookaburras every morning at around 6.30 and it's my job to get the other two up and going. Not trying to rub it in Floydy but I love mornings. My house backs on to national park bushland and the morning atmosphere is magic if it's a nice day. Always been the same.
PS Glad you're feeling better Floydy!
Ditto. Our house backs onto the forest also and it is magical.
My husband used to work shift work also and his sleep is still messed up and he’s been on straight days for months now.
Shift work does mess with body’s internal clock big time.
Good luck Floydy
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 04:28 PM

I am a morning/noon/night person! Up about 5:00am and don't go to bed until midnight - like to have chores done early then the rest of the day is mine to play with.

The only change to this is when we have hot weather - which I do not tolerate very well. Then I sleep all day to avoid the heat and stay up all night. It works well for me.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:16 PM

We are on the road most mornings before 4.
Back by 6.30.To put the seed out for the birds.
It was light but the clocks went forward on Sunday so we are back to the darkness again.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 08:22 PM

I wake up early and get up easily to start the day. However, until I have had at least two cups of coffee I am not quite human.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm available any time.
Same here LD, go to bed firing on all cylinders, wake up just the same, no distinction.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 10:44 PM

Stay up quite late, most nights until midnight, then sleep straight through. Up about 8 a.m. or so, but take my time with two cups of coffee, reading the world news. A nice slow start to gather my thoughts for the day, then go most of the day. No naps for me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top