Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:58 PM

Heathrow Passport Control

Going through passport control when I arrived back at Heathrow today I noticed something different about the border control.

Before, it was EU and British Citizens one way, and people from everywhere else through another route.

Today, it was UK, EU, USA, Canada, NZ and Australia through one route and everyone else through another.

Anyone else seen anything like this ? I know we are changing our immigration to allow faster controls for the USA but the other countries (members of 5 eyes + EU) are a new one on me.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 04:27 PM

Re: Heathrow Passport Control

Hmmm ... interesting.

Which terminal, where were you flying from?

My wife is Portuguese, I'm British, she's a bit concerned we might have to queue separately. For the last 30 odd years we've both gone thru passport control together & I've handed over both our passports. If she has to go through one of those new fangled automated things she gonna get it wrong. (dozy cow )
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hmmm ... interesting.

My wife is Portuguese, I'm British, she's a bit concerned we might have to queue separately. For the last 30 odd years we've both gone thru passport control together & I've handed over both our passports. If she has to go through one of those new fangled automated things she gonna get it wrong. (dozy cow )
I was flying from JFK into Heathrow Terminal 3.

It was like super quick - all electronic passport scanners and they worked extremely efficiently.

There were 2 flight arrivals at the time we parked up so normally there is a big queue going into passport control but there were about 5 or 6 free booths and no queue whatsoever. Surprising because we were some of the last of the plane (Airbus A350).

I've never seen this before in all my 25 years of frequent flying. I wish I had taken a photo but it definitely said UK, EU, US, NZ, AUS and Canada with their respective flags on the sign over our lane to the scanners.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hmmm ... interesting.

My wife is from USA. We have always gone through the same passport control. I think they have a bit of flexibility.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-10-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My wife is from USA. We have always gone through the same passport control. I think they have a bit of flexibility.
Same UK passport control ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Must be in the UK
In the USA they are horrible especially Miami .
( a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth )
They don’t allow people to go through together even in the case of small children.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Same UK passport control ?
Same on both sides of the pond.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top