Join for free
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 11:16 AM

I hate cars

The damn things break down at the most in opportune moments
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 03:14 PM

Re: I hate cars

Yes even if your car is broken down at home it’s still bl##dy annoying, just sat there until it’s fixed..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 09:52 PM

It's always the worry of the cost as well. Then getting over the shock .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 10:50 PM

I like cars. Even if they sometimes break down a car sets you free to go where you want, when you want. I don't want to think of the day when I cannot drive my car. Ever since I passed my test at 21 I have enjoyed driving myself about.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 11:06 AM

I love cars, ever since I passed my test in 1980, I’ve been interested in them, mainly from a maintenance point of view, I’ve repaired and serviced my own cars doing all sorts of repairs, including once taking out the engine from a metro to fix the gearbox, I’ve done brakes, exhausts and all manner of minor body repairs, sadly though nowadays it’s too complicated to do most jobs without a computer not that I bother anyway as I tend to buy new and the warranty should cover most repairs and I tend to get them serviced at the main dealers to maintain the warranty, so nowadays I’m content with checking the fluids and tyre pressure and giving it a clean...it’ll be heartbreaking when I eventually have to give up driving...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 01:37 PM

I say my car is my wings.

This car I have is my last . I hope it does me till the end. I dont have resources to buy another so I hope she does me well .

I've bought a two and a half year old 5 door mini cooper recently. Lovely to drive . Still learning what all the buttons are for .

I'll fly for as long as I can
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I love cars, ever since I passed my test in 1980, I’ve been interested in them, mainly from a maintenance point of view, I’ve repaired and serviced my own cars doing all sorts of repairs, including once taking out the engine from a metro to fix the gearbox, I’ve done brakes, exhausts and all manner of minor body repairs, sadly though nowadays it’s too complicated to do most jobs without a computer not that I bother anyway as I tend to buy new and the warranty should cover most repairs and I tend to get them serviced at the main dealers to maintain the warranty, so nowadays I’m content with checking the fluids and tyre pressure and giving it a clean...it’ll be heartbreaking when I eventually have to give up driving...
I passed my test in 1969 and, as for the rest of your post Primus1, been there, etc. I bought my very first brand new car in 1992. After I drove her home I took one look under the bonnet and promptly hung up my trusty socket set and Haynes manuals. From then on, tyre pressures, oil and fluid checks only.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2020, 05:06 PM

Maybe I have been lucky. The last breakdown I had was my 1965 Hillman Imp. It was probably about three years old at the time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top