Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:36 AM

Re: One Today

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I know you were asking Roxy, but if I may poke me nose in, I use the Wahl electric dog clippers on my lot.
I have the small 'Bravo' for ears and paws, and a bigger version with detachable combs for the rest of the body.

Meg is a more proficient groomer than me though.
Thanks Mups. At the moment I only have my own hair clippers which I don't think will work. I just wish I knew when they were due to open again. If it was a case of waiting another couple of weeks, that would be fine but it could be months yet; in which case, he will be tripping up his own fur by then.

I think I will have a look at the clippers online (if there are any left in stock that is).
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 09:40 AM

Sorry I missed your birthday little chap.... I hope you were suitably spoiled and had a lovely day.... woof woof
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Sorry I missed your birthday little chap.... I hope you were suitably spoiled and had a lovely day.... woof woof
He was but no more than usual.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
He was but no more than usual.
Some of you men are real softies at heart! 👍 😉
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-05-2020, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Some of you men are real softies at heart! 👍 😉
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:26 PM

I use an Andis 2speed with a no7 blade for the body and a no10 for the feet and bahookie areas I had to bung the hairy one on the dining room table but he was really good. Not the polished finish my groomer gets but no too shabby, he won't get laughed at by the other dogs.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Thanks Roxy.

I think he looks great, especially around the bahookie. Murtah has a similar hair type to Dageus so the result would look the same hopefully.

Great pics.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 06:21 PM

LD, if your thinking of buying a set of clippers off Ebay, be careful and don't buy the gold coloured no noise ones mostly around £20. They are no good for a full body cut, they simply don't have enough power in them, they are good for the bum bits and for between the pads but that's it, they also have a fixed blade and I don't like that.
I'll send you a couple of links to what's good for doodles, also the day before you cut give him a real good brush through and bath, the cleaner the coat the better and get any matts out.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 06:29 PM

Aww that 'ickle face!
Happy belated Birthday to Murtagh x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-05-2020, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
LD, if your thinking of buying a set of clippers off Ebay, be careful and don't buy the gold coloured no noise ones mostly around £20. They are no good for a full body cut, they simply don't have enough power in them, they are good for the bum bits and for between the pads but that's it, they also have a fixed blade and I don't like that.
I'll send you a couple of links to what's good for doodles, also the day before you cut give him a real good brush through and bath, the cleaner the coat the better and get any matts out.
Thanks Rox. Strange but I got an email from the groomers this morning saying we can book him in again in ten days time so would rather let the professionals do it if possible. thanks for the advice though.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top