Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:31 AM

Coronavirus: Petrol station fill-up procedures

My car will need fuel in the near future.

General advice seems to be that petrol stations are no more dangerous, in terms of virus contamination, than supermarkets.

Have petrol suppliers implemented any antiviral procedures at the pumps .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:34 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Petrol station fill-up procedures

You can use gloves we do anyway because our car is diesel And pay at the pump I don’t see a problem .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You can use gloves we do anyway because our car is diesel And pay at the pump I don’t see a problem .

I agree Muddy.
Other than wearing gloves before I touch anything, I haven't noticed anything different.

I always pay in the office/shop, but most places have a 'Pay at the Pump' if people prefer not to go inside.

Don't worry Omah.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree Muddy.
Other than wearing gloves before I touch anything, I haven't noticed anything different.

I always pay in the office/shop, but most places have a 'Pay at the Pump' if people prefer not to go inside.

Don't worry Omah.
OK Thanks .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
OK Thanks .....

Omah, another plus is, it's a darn site quicker to get in and out now because there are no queues because of less people driving about.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 12:29 PM

I don't pay at the pump, as the only ones local are supermarkets. I don't use supermarket diesel.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2020, 01:20 PM

The local garages near me are run by local supermarkets and you have to pay at the till inside the shop. They are usually very busy, especially on Monday mornings but the only reason why some of them have long queues is because 3 of the local garages have costa coffee machines in them and thus many people are getting their much needed costa coffee's.

It is very common to hear one of the staff members say over the tanoy 'please wait outside till next person leaves, there is too many in the shop'

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top