Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 05:37 PM

Have You Tried This? I Am Shocked!

The Tapeworm Diet

Quote......The tapeworm diet works by swallowing a pill that has a tapeworm egg inside. When the egg eventually hatches, the tapeworm will grow inside your body and eat whatever you're eating. The idea is that you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight because the tapeworm is eating all your “extra” calories.

I thought my daughter was joking when she told me what some people do to lose weight!
As she told me, l felt sick.... who in their right mind would eat a worm egg tablet to lose weight?

Have you heard of this method to lose weight, or know anyone who has??
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 05:54 PM

Re: Have You Tried This? I Am Shocked!

I've heard about it but never fancied trying it. I mean other than taking a poison to kill the beast and excrete it, or adopt the Mars Method how could it be removed?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 05:54 PM

Your daughter is quite right, Artangel, but it is not a new fad - it was quite the thing in Victorian times.

Have found some information:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ocumentary.htm

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...-tapeworm-diet

https://www.healthline.com/health/di.../tapeworm-diet
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I've heard about it but never fancied trying it. I mean other than taking a poison to kill the beast and excrete it, or adopt the Mars Method how could it be removed?
Specially prescribed medicines, AT, and careful scrutiny of ones faeces to make sure they have worked!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Specially prescribed medicines, AT, and careful scrutiny of ones faeces to make sure they have worked!
Rather than take toxins I'd much rather go down the Mars path.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 06:04 PM

OMG
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The Tapeworm Diet

Quote......The tapeworm diet works by swallowing a pill that has a tapeworm egg inside. When the egg eventually hatches, the tapeworm will grow inside your body and eat whatever you're eating. The idea is that you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight because the tapeworm is eating all your “extra” calories.

I thought my daughter was joking when she told me what some people do to lose weight!
As she told me, l felt sick.... who in their right mind would eat a worm egg tablet to lose weight?

Have you heard of this method to lose weight, or know anyone who has??
It was reportedly an old fashioned way to stay slim back in the day. When I was a kid I remember my grandmother saying "Have you got a ruddy tapeworm" when she thought I was overeating.

It was (theoretically, but not proven) a fad amongst Victorian women, but the pill may just have been fake - a placebo for people desperate to lose weight. They say there is little evidence anyone deliberately had a tapeworm inside them, though of course food back then may well have had an egg or two in there somewhere.

These days, with the amount of total idiots who use the Internet because they're stupid, the consequences are we get articles like this. Maybe we're breeding for Stupidity now!

https://www.today.com/health/iowa-wo...ing-6C10935746
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 06:29 PM

Yuk! ..... that sounds gross
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yuk! ..... that sounds gross
The picture in the article is even worse. They can grow to 30 feet long and can increase in number. If they somehow enter the bloodstream they can start growing elsewhere in the body. Definitely not nice!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 06:56 PM

Thinking about it.... maybe all fast food outlets should crunch up one of these tablets to powder and sprinkle it on the burgers, pizza etc.
The nation’s obese problem could be eradicated in no time!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top