Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
elizadoverylittle
New Member!
herefordshire, UK
elizadoverylittle is female 

28-06-2020, 05:48 PM

Re: White Lives Don't Matter

who thinks that we, the silent majority, should start making ourselves heard?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by elizadoverylittle ->
Too damned right but with laws in place in this country that the filth ignore with impunity and the police on their knees in front of them it won't be easy or straightforward. We need a few Minneapolis police to start with.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:13 PM

I can see why the thought is attractive but maybe that might make the situation in the UK worse?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by elizadoverylittle ->
I do, and the best way to do it is to all write to our MP's and explain our feelings. If enough people write to explain that they are unsure of which way to vote, in the next election, as nobody in parliament can see what is happening to our country, or trying to exile those who are making the place dangerous for all! After all , we all deserve to be safe when walking peacefully down the street in our own country!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I do, and the best way to do it is to all write to our MP's and explain our feelings. If enough people write to explain that they are unsure of which way to vote, in the next election, as nobody in parliament can see what is happening to our country, or trying to exile those who are making the place dangerous for all! After all , we all deserve to be safe when walking peacefully down the street in our own country!
The MP's dare'nt say or do anything because anything they did say or do would be used against them on a political level quite apart from a personal level.

Were being attacked by some very black hearted people who have an agenda to destroy our civilised evolved society and put a very dark, untrustworthy, violent thing that embraces criminality as an acceptable principle in its place.

Black lives matter?

Oh yes, but in many more ways than the obvious as we have been learning over the last few weeks much more than in the last few years in the no-go areas in our big towns and cities.

They matter alright. They play a very significant role in our world today.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The MP's dare'nt say or do anything because anything they did say or do would be used against them on a political level quite apart from a personal level.

Were being attacked by some very black hearted people who have an agenda to destroy our civilised evolved society and put a very dark, untrustworthy, violent thing that embraces criminality as an acceptable principle in its place.

Black lives matter?

Oh yes, but in many more ways than the obvious as we have been learning over the last few weeks much more than in the last few years in the no-go areas in our big towns and cities.

They matter alright. They play a very significant role in our world today.
I am sorry but, if the MPs are too scared to do the jobs they are paid to do, they should be warned that the people of this country will no longer vote for them. On the few occasions that I have needed to write to my MP, they act on it and, so far, I have been pleased with all the results!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 07:09 PM

I wouldn't put any faith in writing to my MP .... if they were that good and aware of public sentiment you wouldn't need to be writing to them in the first place.

Who gets noticed most?
The ones who riot and create a stink.
They've twigged that officialdom soon caves in , anything for a quiet life.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

28-06-2020, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't put any faith in writing to my MP .... if they were that good and aware of public sentiment you wouldn't need to be writing to them in the first place.

Who gets noticed most?
If we don't try though, do we have any justification to complain?

My Mp arranged to get more Chemo nurses at the cancer hospital I was treated at. I complained because it took them seventeen hours to administer a six and a half hour treatment. When I asked why it had taken so long they panicked in case they had given me too much poison, as it was all administered by an intravenous drip!
It wasn't the nurses fault, they just didn't have enough of them to care for the number of patients! when i visited the Chemo section again, they had made quite a few changes!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you are right Twink, we should give it a try at least?
I was given a link by May on another thread for the home office
and it is extremely easy to use and does all the work for you?
I used it today on a similar subject and l have never had such an
easy time sending an e mail before?
If anyone is interested the link is as follows
Complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov. uk
Now get those e mails pouring in
I requested a reply and suggested l would send the same e mail to
various media outlets if l didnt recieve a reply??

Donkeyman! 👍👍😇😇👍👍
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Who gets noticed most?
LOL, Morty, that reminds me of when I worked as a customer Service representative when young, free and single in London and finding my feet jobwise. It was for the best known high street electrical shop in the UK MMM, anyone for Indian).
On the very first day, the supervisor said to me as I fiddled with my new headphones. Any minute now, that switchboard is going to go berserk. You will get the caller who will say, ''Excuse me, I'm sorry to trouble you, but I bought a brand new washing machine from your .... branch, and it just isn;t working. Can you please help me because the manager of the shop won't replace it'?'.and then you will get the caller that says, I've just bought an effin washing machine from your effin shop in ...... that b.....d of a manager won't give me my money back and says it has to be repaired. I'm telling you now, if you don't speak to him and get my refund in full, I'll stand outside the shop with a placard telling everyone what a load of w.....s your shop is. I swear it""
Who will you deal with first? he said. ''The nice, kind, polite one" said I. Needless to say, I didn't stay long in that job.
I often put the phone down on the nasty ones. Your post just made me laugh when I thought about it after reading yours.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top