Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:59 PM

Re: White Lives Don't Matter

It makes me laugh when I read things like 'the posters sparked local outrage.' Perhaps there were one or two mindless, bandwagon jumpin', hand wringing, faecesbook dwelling lefties who were actually outraged; but I reckon the vast majority either agreed with the posters or didn't even notice them.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:13 AM

I agree with the statement "All Lives Matter".

When it comes to racism, i have always been puzzled by the fact that, whilst there are many, many different shades of colour as you look around the world, there is, seemingly, only a few of those races/colours, which suffer racism.

I've come to the conclusion that those who were affected most, will always be those who were forced to leave their own Countries, either as slaves, or perhaps in order to get the work needed to survive.

I apologise for preaching but, wouldn't it have been better, for the races, if their own Countries were sorted out, by the rest, and were able to offer a reasonable standard of life which would attract people to stay.

We hear about aid going in to various Countries but we don't often hear about how that has been successful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

When it comes to racism, i have always been puzzled by the fact that, whilst there are many, many different shades of colour as you look around the world, there is, seemingly, only a few of those races/colours, which suffer racism.

I've come to the conclusion that those who were affected most, will always be those who were forced to leave their own Countries, either as slaves, or perhaps in order to get the work needed to survive.

I apologise for preaching but, wouldn't it have been better, for the races, if their own Countries were sorted out, by the rest, and were able to offer a reasonable standard of life which would attract people to stay.

We hear about aid going in to various Countries but we don't often hear about how that has been successful.
I agree Ted, but it is difficult to change how different nations think!
In some, women are treated as second class citizens. In some, they can see no wrong in sexually abusing young boys & girls & tell the parents that they are giving the kids a job....they even give small amounts of money to the families... so nobody knows!
The world is not a nice place & I feel that there is little hope of every human being treated as an equal.

I hate to day this but..... " don't forget that all who work in foreign aid will be out of a job, if they do the job well" so it is unlikely that their work will ever be finished!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Ted, but it is difficult to change how different nations think!
In some, women are treated as second class citizens. In some, they can see no wrong in sexually abusing young boys & girls & tell the parents that they are giving the kids a job....they even give small amounts of money to the families... so nobody knows!
The world is not a nice place & I feel that there is little hope of every human being treated as an equal.

I hate to day this but..... " don't forget that all who work in foreign aid will be out of a job, if they do the job well" so it is unlikely that their work will ever be finished!
No worries on that score Twink, as fast as we send aid, the faster they produce more kids, and so it goes on. It seems to me that their governments don't bother looking after their poor people, while ever other countries are doing the job for them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Most foreign people just come to western countries to work hard and fit in with society Ted. The ones who cry 'Racism' are the ones who cause the most trouble and want to change society to their own liking.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No worries on that score Twink, as fast as we send aid, the faster they produce more kids, and so it goes on. It seems to me that their governments don't bother looking after their poor people, while ever other countries are doing the job for them.
I really don't think many of their own countries care !
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Most foreign people just come to western countries to work hard and fit in with society
Sorry OGF The way i see it is most that come to this country are here to do as little as possible for as much as possible as they see western countries as a soft touch.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-07-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Sorry OGF The way i see it is most that come to this country are here to do as little as possible for as much as possible as they see western countries as a soft touch.
Well yes! and that basser....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
How depressing ....

Quote from article.

.... is it not okay to be white then?
Apparently not.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2020, 12:23 PM

Sasha Johnson BLM her Twitter account suspended.

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tw...26425898278912

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top