Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 11:23 PM

Kennels story at our place if I may tell

At the kennels we had a bungalow and it needed new roof guttering and fascias all around. So we got the local company in and the salesmen had a look and said yes they could do it, he would send around a couple of men to price up

Few days later these men turned up ( I know its wicked but its my humour kicking in again) So they measured up and wrote down what was needed. I asked if I could have pink gutters and fascias instead of white. Yes you read it right I asked for pink gutters. They looked at each other and said " you can't have pink gutters "
I said the salesman who had called said there would be no problem with me having pink gutters and fascias. so they made their excuses and left.

I rang the company and got hold of the salesman and said I told the men I wanted pink roof gutters. He said leave it to me.
I found out afterwards the men at the shop had the devils own job to tell the salesman they don't do pink gutters. Then the penny dropped and had a good laugh over it.

We got on great when they came and did the work and still had a laugh about how they were had
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2020, 11:41 PM

Re: Kennels story at our place if I may tell

Just a quick story
If you are ringing up a company you don't know how the person is going to answer.

So when they rang us at the kennels it often started with
" A friend told me you have a good reputation" or something similar
So my favourite cheeky answer was "Thank you and the kennels are nice as well"

That broke the ice when they realised what they had said. It is the first few seconds that get the clients or not and we gained a lot having a friendly attitude from the very start

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top