Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 02:28 PM

Re: Will You be spending more?

I think we will probably spend more as we do need a few jobs doing to the house, indoors and out, that Mr Mags can no longer do.

Shoppingwise will be the same as the last few months as I don't intend venturing out into town just yet.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 02:58 PM

We've already started to stock up on dry goods and on Wednesday a new chest freezer arrives in readiness for Kung Flu phases #2 and possibly #3. Even now bog roll is becoming in short supply in some supermarkets.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 03:48 PM

No, I think I'll spend less. Getting out a bit more means outside interests and I already have all the gear needed for that. Now I probably won't spend so much on household gadgets and computer items.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 05:49 PM

Well I would, B&Q have sold out of the flooring I wanted! I've been dying to replace this ugly, old carpet that was left by the previous tenant.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 10:51 PM

I'll be confined to my home(self-imposed)following advice from the government regarding COVID19.

Unfortunately this will not put a stop to my spending.....paint arrived today.

New floor covering arriving on the 6th and suite on the 8th.

Busy, busy, busy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 04:09 AM

I should add that I did spend about half of the government's $750 stimulus package in April on a set of roof racks for my car (not yet fitted).

However it is now the end of June and the second stimulus payment of another $750 is due in July. I have no idea what to spend it on but a new computer might be an idea.

What did you spend your stimulus money on?

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...p-sum_payments
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:37 AM

I need to buy a new Laptop! I'm afraid I've flogged this Toshiba to death! The battery doesn't keep its charge, the curser is doing a dance all of its own whenever it feels like it, such as the sudden manic scrolling and turning all text blue, it has now reverted to disappearing altogether when it fancies. The E, S and N buttons unfortunately, are no longer even visible on the keyboard. I had to resort to painting the characters on in Tippex because although being a touch typist and knowing where the keys are without looking, and although he has his own Tablet, because this old [but up until now trusty laptop] is nearly always switched on, HWMO tends to use it for internet queries, but with his one finger typing skill doesn't have a clue what keys are what or even where the keys are located unless he can actually see them.

So, priority to get a new one. Still not going out though, so it will be bought online and hope for the best.
Button
NW England
Button is female  Button has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 09:08 AM

No, I won't be spending any more. Anything I've needed over lockdown has been bought on line apart from food. I bought a few new tee shirts to wear around the house this summer and there's no point in buying much to go out in. When the Autumn comes I might buy a few things but not much.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 09:09 AM

Bought a vacuum yesterday for Mr M to play with .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Bought a vacuum yesterday for Mr M to play with .
How nice Muddy ..... was it Mr M’s birthday?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top