Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 07:48 AM

Withdrawal Bill The Costs.

Hi

A long Read, but worth it.

This is exactly what we have signed up to.

It is a legally abiding agreement, signed by Boris.

It is enforceable in the International Courts, the ECJ have no jurisdiction over it.

https://researchbriefings.parliament...mmary/CBP-8822

To those who say we should not pay it and just walk away, the cost would be massively more.

We would be in default, nobody would trust us.

As you can see from the payments, the EU is not going to go bust this year or next year.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 02:13 PM

Re: Withdrawal Bill The Costs.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A long Read, but worth it.

This is exactly what we have signed up to.

It is a legally abiding agreement, signed by Boris.

It is enforceable in the International Courts, the ECJ have no jurisdiction over it.

https://researchbriefings.parliament...mmary/CBP-8822

To those who say we should not pay it and just walk away, the cost would be massively more.

We would be in default, nobody would trust us.

As you can see from the payments, the EU is not going to go bust this year or next year.
In the media, and on this forum, many have said the EU, member countries, want to keep the UK in the EU because after the UK leaves other countries will have to pay more.
Discussions around the mff 2021-2027 seem to underpin that notion. However, as I stated before, the increase in budget is due to new policies especially on environmental protection.
The withdrawal deal has an important principle, as you can read in the link swimfeeders provided.

Underlying principles
The UK and EU agreed some principles for the settlement:

no EU Member State should pay more or receive less because of the UK's withdrawal from the EU;
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In the media, and on this forum, many have said the EU, member countries, want to keep the UK in the EU because after the UK leaves other countries will have to pay more.
Discussions around the mff 2021-2027 seem to underpin that notion. However, as I stated before, the increase in budget is due to new policies especially on environmental protection.
The withdrawal deal has an important principle, as you can read in the link swimfeeders provided.

Underlying principles
The UK and EU agreed some principles for the settlement:

no EU Member State should pay more or receive less because of the UK's withdrawal from the EU;

So where's the money coming from Solly?
You going to print it?
Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You going to print it?
Donkeyman!
In the 2020 EU budget approx. 168 bn € is spent and 153 bn€ come in. On this flow of 320 bn € the net contribution of the UK, 3-4 bn is 1% and disappears in the rounding off of amounts.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 10:37 AM

You going to print it?
Donkeyman!

That money will come from austerity.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 12:17 PM

In the 2020 EU budget approx. 168 bn € is spent and 153 bn€ come in. On this flow of 320 bn € the net contribution of the UK, 3-4 bn is 1% and disappears in the rounding off of amounts.
I think you should revise your uk donation figures Solly they seem
a hit deficient to me?
Donkeyman!
Edit, what happened to the three horsemen??
Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

16-02-2020, 02:51 PM

I think you should revise your uk donation figures Solly they seem
a hit deficient to me?
Donkeyman!
Edit, what happened to the three horsemen??
Donkeyman!
Referring to the net contribution.

I imagine they didn't like the right wing tendencies on this forum and left?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

16-02-2020, 02:53 PM

You going to print it?
Donkeyman!
Could it be the UK is donating that money in the form of tarifs they have to pay on their exports?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2020, 02:54 PM

Referring to the net contribution.

I imagine they didn't like the right wing tendencies on this forum and left?

They were incompetent like you.

I'm surprised you still hang around but as your not European I guess you have nothing to lose and nothing to gain by posting childish nonesense 24 hours a day.

Still, you do make us laugh a lot
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

16-02-2020, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They were incompetent like you.

I'm surprised you still hang around but as your not European I guess you have nothing to lose and nothing to gain by posting childish nonesense 24 hours a day.

Still, you do make us laugh a lot
That puts me in the independent position to be able to judge the wisdom of brexit. You know my verdict.

I mostly get the feeling you are more feeling chagrin, but put the brave british face on, and pretend to laugh.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top