Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 06:11 PM

Re: Italy

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yes we do have crisis funding
Okay, and now compare it by number of inhabitants and monetary value to EU and usa. That was my simple question to you since your post #102.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Okay, and now compare it by number of inhabitants and monetary value to EU and usa. That was my simple question to you since your post #102.
We aren't mutualising debt with other countries though are we.

You are !

We are not !

There is not a comparison to be made, because like I've said about 4 times now, the UK is not in the EU, the Eurozone and does not have the Euro.

Do you still not understand this

The example I gave by population was to compare the USA and the Eurozone in terms of the money so far used to bail out the economies. By your own calculation you agree with me by saying the UK has not provided enough funding as well. Your right, but the thing is, we did not use the ESM like you did and max out its lending capacity. You need more money so where is it coming from ??? The magic money tree or Eurobonds ?

Guess what - the UK and and the USA both have centralised treasuries and banks, unlike the EU and we do not share a common currency with other countries who do not have a central bank or a central treasury.

Do you understand yet ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 06:31 PM

We aren't mutualising debt with other countries though are we.

You are !

We are not !

There is not a comparison to be made, because like I've said about 4 times now, the UK is not in the EU, the Eurozone and does not have the Euro.

Do you still not understand this

The example I gave by population was to compare the USA and the Eurozone in terms of the money so far used to bail out the economies. By your own calculation you agree with me by saying the UK has not provided enough funding as well. Your right, but the thing is, we did not use the ESM like you did and max out its lending capacity. You need more money so where is it coming from ??? The magic money tree or Eurobonds ?

Guess what - the UK and and the USA both have centralised treasuries and banks, unlike the EU and we do not share a common currency with other countries who do not have a central bank or a central treasury.

Do you understand yet ?
I didn't present a calculation, nor did I say not enough funding was provided. Are you mixing different members' post in your answer or what are you going on about?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-04-2020, 11:23 PM

I've explained 5 times now
Contrary to what you state, we are not mutualising debt with italy. That would be the case if eurobonds were issued. As you know, that is not happening. The ESM is utilized for loans, and the money should be used to restore the economic effects of the corona crisis. That is a stringent condition of the ESM loans.

I'm still waiting for that comparison of yours that underpins your statement that the UK is doing not enough in crisis funding.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 11:47 PM

Contrary to what you state, we are not mutualising debt with italy. That would be the case if eurobonds were issued. As you know, that is not happening. The ESM is utilized for loans, and the money should be used to restore the economic effects of the corona crisis. That is a stringent condition of the ESM loans.

I'm still waiting for that comparison of yours that underpins your statement that the UK is doing not enough in crisis funding.

Read my posts again
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2020, 01:14 AM

Read my posts again
Comrade bread, assuming your unwilingness to compare the UK crisis funding with the EU and/or the usa stemmed from inferiority reasons, I did a little calculation myself. And guess what? You didn't let me down. The EU spends 500 bn € on 350 mln inhabitants, approx. 1.4 mln/inhabitant. The UK spends 41 bn € (37 bn£) on 69 mln inhabitants, ca. 0.6/inhabitant. What is your conclusion from those numbers?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-04-2020, 07:35 AM

Comrade bread, assuming your unwilingness to compare the UK crisis funding with the EU and/or the usa stemmed from inferiority reasons, I did a little calculation myself. And guess what? You didn't let me down. The EU spends 500 bn € on 350 mln inhabitants, approx. 1.4 mln/inhabitant. The UK spends 41 bn € (37 bn£) on 69 mln inhabitants, ca. 0.6/inhabitant. What is your conclusion from those numbers?

You don't understand this at all.

If the UK want to provide more funding, we can because we have our own bank and treasury.

The Eurozone just maxed out its borrowing from the ESM so if it needs any more, it must borrow and mutualise it's debt between all nations that are part of the Eurozone.

There, see, that's 6 times now I've explained this.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 09:20 AM

The trouble with Solasch is that he doesn't enter into genuine debate he justs tries to play the Clever Sod all the time.
Unfortunately, when he loses the debate ,as in this case, he just comes across as stupid and his chirpy little know it all persona works against him.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-04-2020, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The trouble with Solasch is that he doesn't enter into genuine debate he justs tries to play the Clever Sod all the time.
Unfortunately, when he loses the debate ,as in this case, he just comes across as stupid and his chirpy little know it all persona works against him.
There is an awful lot of "whataboutery" that's for sure
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2020, 01:39 PM

You don't understand this at all.

If the UK want to provide more funding, we can because we have our own bank and treasury.

The Eurozone just maxed out its borrowing from the ESM so if it needs any more, it must borrow and mutualise it's debt between all nations that are part of the Eurozone.

There, see, that's 6 times now I've explained this.
Comrades bread and moscow, try to think. Contrary to bread's opinion that the UK's package of £37 bn isn't enough, I think it is. But let's assume it will take €50 bn for the UK to overcome the negative economic effects of corona.
In all likelihood 3 countries (italy, spain, portugal) need help from ESM to overcome corona's detrimental economic effects. Like the UK each needs an equally big package to restore their economy to pre corona levels. That would take 3 times 50, or 150 bn of the available 500 bn €.
So where did you get the stupid idea that the ESM will be overcharged?

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top