Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:17 PM

Re: Do people still accept the lockdown?

It's getting so bad here with folk doing as they like (not locals) they're having to close Cheddar Gorge for the weekend.
Police have had people saying they're local going to do shopping, they've actually travelled from 60 miles away. People speeding up and down the Gorge road.
Picnicking, day trips. It makes it bad for
us who live here.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's getting so bad here with folk doing as they like (not locals) they're having to close Cheddar Gorge for the weekend.
Police have had people saying they're local going to do shopping, they've actually travelled from 60 miles away. People speeding up and down the Gorge road.
Picnicking, day trips. It makes it bad for
us who live here.
That is awful, Tess. Can't the police stop them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:55 PM

I think it comes down to intelligence (or the lack of). I have certain neighbours who are bending the rules but are causing no harm to themselves or anyone else but there are others who are almost carrying on as normal. traffic has definitely increased that's for sure.

My dad who is in his 80's was sensibly queuing at the post office - 2 metres apart (to charge his electric key) along with others when someone who perhaps doesn't understand English so well (if you get my drift) barged straight the front. My Dad told him to get to the end of the queue but not as politely as that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is awful, Tess. Can't the police stop them.
They have been questioning people they see parked up or walking about, they just make them leave. I don't think they fine them or anything.

I'm wondering if they'll just park locally and walk to the Gorge. I hope not, our road is close by.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 06:48 PM

Do people still accept the lockdown?

I do. In fact I'm getting used to it, finding it easier after 8 weeks than I did after 2.

I cannot imagine what it must be like for youngsters: teens and 20 somethings ...
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 07:27 PM

I'm absolutely lovin' lockdown.
That's 5 weeks I've been off work now.
One 'sent home" week.
One holiday week.
3 furloughed weeks.
I've just been told I'm to be furloughed for another 3 weeks.
I'm getting 100% pay as my employer is topping up the 80% govt money.
Ive decorated the stairwell, the hallway the bathroom and finished the living room.
I've framed out two areas of the garden ready for decking, but I'm struggling to get any decking at the moment.
I've installed some new fencing.
My dog has never been walked so much and I've found some great local walks I never knew about.
I ve worked for over 40 years and never had more than two weeks off in my life......ever.
So this is bloody great!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 07:44 PM

I hate lockdown with every fibre in my body ,I will be quite frank .
I hate my loss of freedom & spontenity [just being able to do things on a whim]
I do know it is necessary & do abide .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 08:43 PM

Yes, I still accept the lockdown. Apricot mentioned lack of 'freedom and 'spontaneity' and I admit I was finding that hard to accept, but I'm fine with it now.

Other than the odd walk (I've become idle ) and shopping, I can't imagine life any other way at the mo

One thing's really bugging me though. I'm due to order my meds and when I phoned the chemist they now tell me they don't do repeat prescriptions any more. We have to contact the GP to order.
That worries me. I don't do Patient Access (or whatever it's called), phoning the GP for repeats isn't allowed, you have to go in and ask or write a letter.

Great, I really want to enter a 'full of germs' medical practice - not.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 08:47 PM

I note some selfish POS by the name of Simon Dolan has started the legal processes to get the High Court to declare the actions taken by BoJo illegal.

Dolan, owns a number of UK businesses employing several hundred people is quoted in t'express as saying "Every day that the lockdown continues it is paralysing the country, wrecking the economy and causing long term damage".

Stopped short of saying reducing the load on the NHS and saving lives.

What a tw@.

Seems he is more interested in preserving his investments than the lives of people in the UK.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I'm absolutely lovin' lockdown.
That's 5 weeks I've been off work now.
One 'sent home" week.
One holiday week.
3 furloughed weeks.
I've just been told I'm to be furloughed for another 3 weeks.
I'm getting 100% pay as my employer is topping up the 80% govt money.
Ive decorated the stairwell, the hallway the bathroom and finished the living room.
I've framed out two areas of the garden ready for decking, but I'm struggling to get any decking at the moment.
I've installed some new fencing.
My dog has never been walked so much and I've found some great local walks I never knew about.
I ve worked for over 40 years and never had more than two weeks off in my life......ever.
So this is bloody great!
Is B&Q not taking orders online and delivering to the kirbside or drive?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top