Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 01:28 PM

Re: Boris has said it !!!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What wonders me is that bread zaphod is admitting to brexit causing damage to the UK. Is reality finally dawning?
Stop saying what I have not said just because you are upset please. At least it is better than your now-standard use of insult.

I've repeatedly said that the EU will be the ones causing deliberate harm
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am at a total loss,

How do we sue, what for and in which Court?

Oh please.

1 Use the EU's own mechanisms.
2 Use the WTO
3 Use The Hague.

Please do your own research.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Stop saying what I have not said just because you are upset please. At least it is better than your now-standard use of insult.

I've repeatedly said that the EU will be the ones causing deliberate harm

All harm is inflicted by yourself for giving up the benefits of membership. Now both sides are negotiating a new relationship. Are you saying that you did not think both sides will use their strengths in the negotiations? You just believed what the people said in the campaign said: "easiest deal in the history of deals" etc.
Every time someone said that it is not going to be easy they were shot down as project fear, now that it has become project reality it is all painted as the EU might be playing dirty tricks.
Well, they are not, they are just following the guidelines and looking out for themselves, as do the UK.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 02:07 PM

Oh please.

1 Use the EU's own mechanisms.
2 Use the WTO
3 Use The Hague.

Please do your own research.
Hi

I have doe my research, I was trying to be polite.

Obviously not worth the effort.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 02:10 PM

[/B]

All harm is inflicted by yourself for giving up the benefits of membership. Now both sides are negotiating a new relationship. Are you saying that you did not think both sides will use their strengths in the negotiations? You just believed what the people said in the campaign said: "easiest deal in the history of deals" etc.
Every time someone said that it is not going to be easy they were shot down as project fear, now that it has become project reality it is all painted as the EU might be playing dirty tricks.
Well, they are not, they are just following the guidelines and looking out for themselves, as do the UK.

Look, before the EU we traded internationally with no problems.

Now we trade with the rest of the world with no problems.
If - all of a sudden - there are problems introduced because we chose to leave a club, it is patently obvious who is causing any problems - and that is: the club (i.e. the EU).

You can mutter and grumble all you like - but the funniest part of your meanderings is that nothing has been decided yet.
Nothing is finalised.

So you're harping on about "what if's".

But we both know that the current EU stance would not hold up in an International Court as being reasonable - which i can only imagine must the reason for your continued desire to negate any acceptance of blame.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 02:18 PM

Hi

I have doe my research, I was trying to be polite.

Obviously not worth the effort.
If what you said is true then you would know about the International Court of Justice, the WTO and you certainly must know about the ECJ.
Also you surely know that bullying another country isn't allowed and that the EU have rules.
In light of that, what about my response did you find to be impolite?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 03:03 PM

If what you said is true then you would know about the International Court of Justice, the WTO and you certainly must know about the ECJ.
Also you surely know that bullying another country isn't allowed and that the EU have rules.
In light of that, what about my response did you find to be impolite?
Hi

There have been some interesting discussions on Legal Action between the UK and the EU.

One such is here.

https://theconversation.com/should-t...xplains-100074

The EU have not broken any rules, a No Deal is straight WHO Terms which they offer to everyone they trade with on WTO Rules.

The UK will immediately be on MFN Terms.

The EU does have rules, yes.

They apply to EU Members.

We are leaving because we do not like them.

As we are a Third Country after leaving at the end of transition, we cannot use them to sue the EU.

The ICJ cannot impose damages or enforce decisions.

Neither the EU or the UK have done anything illegal as yet.

It is the UK that has admitted that it is proposing to.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 03:14 PM

Hi

There have been some interesting discussions on Legal Action between the UK and the EU.

One such is here.

https://theconversation.com/should-t...xplains-100074

The EU have not broken any rules, a No Deal is straight WHO Terms which they offer to everyone they trade with on WTO Rules.

The UK will immediately be on MFN Terms.

The EU does have rules, yes.

They apply to EU Members.

We are leaving because we do not like them.

As we are a Third Country after leaving at the end of transition, we cannot use them to sue the EU.

The ICJ cannot impose damages or enforce decisions.

Neither the EU or the UK have done anything illegal as yet.

It is the UK that has admitted that it is proposing to.
Thanks for that ............ but you're a bit behind the times with it. (Your link is years old)

The latest thinking is that the UK does have grounds to ammend (or even completely revoke) the WA for a number of reasons; CBA to go hunting again but the info is out there - although it looks likely there will be a fight between the Lords & the gov't about it all anyway, so any full outcome is unknown.

The bit about the ECJ - well you're forgetting that we were a member at the time Article 50 was put forward and that their intransigence started then, with the (seen as unreasonable ) insistence upon the course "negotiations" took.
Maybe the ECJ can't enforce decisions - neither can the UN or anybody else except maybe the WTO through tariffs etc.

Regardless, it's already not looking good for the EU with their handling of events but being taken to task for what amounts to bullying wioll not improve their stature, let alone their bank balance.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 03:25 PM

Thanks for that ............ but you're a bit behind the times with it. (Your link is years old)

The latest thinking is that the UK does have grounds to ammend (or even completely revoke) the WA for a number of reasons; CBA to go hunting again but the info is out there - although it looks likely there will be a fight between the Lords & the gov't about it all anyway, so any full outcome is unknown.

The bit about the ECJ - well you're forgetting that we were a member at the time Article 50 was put forward and that their intransigence started then, with the (seen as unreasonable ) insistence upon the course "negotiations" took.
Maybe the ECJ can't enforce decisions - neither can the UN or anybody else except maybe the WTO through tariffs etc.

Regardless, it's already not looking good for the EU with their handling of events but being taken to task for what amounts to bullying wioll not improve their stature, let alone their bank balance.
I am going to make a big step. I will assume that your knowledge on other aspects of brexit is as flawed as your knowledge of law. It disqualifies you as a sparring opponent. You're added to the ignore list.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 03:30 PM

I am going to make a big step. I will assume that your knowledge on other aspects of brexit is as flawed as your knowledge of law. It disqualifies you as a sparring opponent. You're added to the ignore list.
Ah.
What you really mean is that I have caught you out once too often and you have no response, I think.

Well if you're going to continue the use of petty insult that action might well be your best option.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top