Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 06:25 PM

Re: We have done Breait before.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It's you who brought in opinions in post #26, about EU stage appearance.

Read first. I said every time, but not now. Which indicates boris bluff has been seen through.

No trolling, bringing up factual statements, substantiated by linked info. If it upsets you, though!
Come now, if deliberately provoking a negative reaction by the continual use of unnecessary insults and the use of known false and out-of-date information in your "substantiated" links is not what I said then what is it?

You still have not answered this:
"You must show us what other country (that the EU has a deal with) that the EU insists upon rights to sovereign territory like fishing waters; where the EU insists upon a "level playing field" so that (for example) subsidies must equal theirs; or where the EU insist upon their courts (the ECJ ) being superior to that country's?"

Is it because you can't?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Come now, if deliberately provoking a negative reaction by the continual use of unnecessary insults and the use of known false and out-of-date information in your "substantiated" links is not what I said then what is it?

You still have not answered this:
"You must show us what other country (that the EU has a deal with) that the EU insists upon rights to sovereign territory like fishing waters; where the EU insists upon a "level playing field" so that (for example) subsidies must equal theirs; or where the EU insist upon their courts (the ECJ ) being superior to that country's?"

Is it because you can't?
the canada deal, chapter 3, starts off with a section A, totally dedicated to anti-dumping and countervailing measures.

The EU japan deal has similar provisions.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:15 PM

the canada deal, chapter 3, starts off with a section A, totally dedicated to anti-dumping and countervailing measures.

The EU japan deal has similar provisions.
And?
Neither things interfere with the sovereignty of an independent nation in the way the examples I gave you do.

Neither insists upon submitting to ECJ laws for example, do they?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 01:43 PM

And?
Neither things interfere with the sovereignty of an independent nation in the way the examples I gave you do.

Neither insists upon submitting to ECJ laws for example, do they?
Chapter 21 of the japan deal mentions a court, administrative tribunal or competition authority. On EU laws only the ECJ has jurisdiction. So yes.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 01:49 PM

Chapter 21 of the japan deal mentions a court, administrative tribunal or competition authority. On EU laws only the ECJ has jurisdiction. So yes.
Read it in context and see that - despite your imaginations - the answer remains that no Japan's courts do not have jurisdiction over UK courts.

Provide a quote and a link showing where it does.

ETA:

I will provide a link where even the pro-EU publication "Politico" thinks its' a good deal.
https://www.politico.eu/article/five...al-with-japan/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-10-2020, 01:56 PM

Read it in context and see that - despite your imaginations - the answer remains that no Japan's courts do not have jurisdiction over UK courts.

Provide a quote and a link showing where it does.
Your government isn't transparent enough to publish the text of that agreement. So you are just guessing.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 02:00 PM

Your government isn't transparent enough to publish the text of that agreement. So you are just guessing.
Aren't the Japanese government transparent enough either?
Or do you think that maybe it's only available to those that need to see it?
Because it's mighty strange that publications discuss the contents.

And no I am not guessing.
To remind you:

You have provided no proof yet in response to those questions.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-10-2020, 02:54 PM

Aren't the Japanese government transparent enough either?
Or do you think that maybe it's only available to those that need to see it?
Because it's mighty strange that publications discuss the contents.

And no I am not guessing.
To remind you:

You have provided no proof yet in response to those questions.
In post # 24 I pointed out that present negotiations between UK and EU are covering more than trade, byt almost all aspects of theur relation. In post # 26 you admitted to be aware of that.

The deal between UK japan covers trade. It's only logic that other issues don't enter in it.
The deals the UK wants to close with japan and EU are completely different entities.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 03:00 PM

In post # 24 I pointed out that present negotiations between UK and EU are covering more than trade, byt almost all aspects of theur relation. In post # 26 you admitted to be aware of that.

The deal between UK japan covers trade. It's only logic that other issues don't enter in it.
The deals the UK wants to close with japan and EU are completely different entities.
Point out what you want, and grumble all you want.
You're pontificating and deviating from the original debate like a footballer trying to use a golf club to score a goal.

Still you provide no evidence to back up your claims despite repeatedly being asked to do so.

I on the other hand have posted links clearly explaining and verifying what I have said..
Zaphod
Lincs UK

20-10-2020, 03:05 PM

The latest:
"No 10’s negotiator David Frost and Mr Barnier are set to talk over the phone again on Tuesday afternoon in a bid to break the deadlock."

If there is no recognition of the UK's status as an independent nation (no ECJ superiority etc.) then there will be no more talks.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1176241.html

"EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier is mulling a surprise visit to London amid cautious optimism of a breakthrough on the talks, Christopher Hope and James Crisp write."
So will Barnier submit?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...t-news-latest/

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top