Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 09:45 AM

Re: Could Hapless Barnier be for the Chop??

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I agree with you. Britain was the country most ardent in the EU to put those rules in place. Conservatives don't like the government to help ailing industries.
Wrong again I see.

Ben Wallace, the Defence Secretary, said: "Shipbuilding has historically been a British success story, and I am determined to revitalise this amazing industry as part of this Government's commitment to build back better."

Yay, about time too once we're free of EU shackles.
We have played by their rules for too long while other member states have flouted the rules with impunity.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-built-uk-led/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Protecting UK companies is one of the reasons we are leaving and why the EU want is to obey their level playing field.

Its not a level playing field at all - its another big lie by the EU.
I have seen this 'level playing field' statement so often now.
To me, it means that every member state must abide by the EU's 'level playing field' and may not rise above it in order to be more competitive!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have seen this 'level playing field' statement so often now.
To me, it means that every member state must abide by the EU's 'level playing field' and may not rise above it in order to be more competitive!
it means we cannot subsidise our industries if they are struggling financially. British Steel is a good example, where we had to watch it crash and burn, putting thousands of workers out of work because of EU subsidy rules preventing us from providing loans and grants to support it.

The other side of the level playing field is that we must stick to the single market rules so we can't be competitive anywhere but within the single market (the cartel). This means the EU hang on to their exports markets to the UK because we are prevented from buying elsewhere due to the non tarrif barriers that are imposed on us.

Good news is that Liz Truss is already signalling good progress with the USA - give it a week or so and expect a "breakthrough" - it will favour Trumps election (which is linked to Brexit by the way), put a rocket into our economy and another up Von Der Leyen's fat corrupt ass.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 02:17 PM

Have you seen this, from minutes ago?
"Norway, Britain in provisional trade agreement for no-deal Brexit scenario"
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN2761VF?il=0
That's a bit of a kick in the cojones for Barmier!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Great news !

We control all the fisheries with Norway now up to Iceland and the North Atlantic. I wouldn't be surprised if Norway now leaves the Single Market....

Bye Barnier
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
it means we cannot subsidise our industries if they are struggling financially. British Steel is a good example, where we had to watch it crash and burn, putting thousands of workers out of work because of EU subsidy rules preventing us from providing loans and grants to support it.
Funny how the EU could support some British industries in order for them to relocate to East Europe!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-10-2020, 02:38 PM

Funny how the EU could support some British industries in order for them to relocate to East Europe!
Oh yeah that's fine, shipping UK companies over to Poland courtesy of our money as part of EU grants.

It's OK for Germany to subsidise it's businesses too, breaking treaties is fine for them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-10-2020, 02:43 PM

Norway, of course, is not under the EU jackboot.

I wonder how many other countries which are presently under EU rule would also like to trade with us, assuming that they were free to do so.

I can certainly see the likelihood of other EU countries following us to freedom.

What have we started?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-10-2020, 03:26 PM

Norway, of course, is not under the EU jackboot.

I wonder how many other countries which are presently under EU rule would also like to trade with us, assuming that they were free to do so.

I can certainly see the likelihood of other EU countries following us to freedom.

What have we started?
Norway is in the single market though JBR. Das jackboot is on one foot.

I wonder what Norway will do about the EU quotas now as part of their single market membership deal ? I'm pretty sure there is a quota swap between the EU and Norway in that, Norway have quotas for pelagic fish (mackerel etc) from UK waters while the EU get cod (from Norway).

Now we have left do we really need this EU middle-man ?

The EU staple diet of fish could very well be beyond their control and management soon. That's going to screw their supranational plans, especially when the UK fisheries bill comes into law - here comes zonal attachment.

oh my ....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 03:31 PM

I was wondering why Barnier was desperate to video call Frosty again this afternoon with the potential for a mad dash over here tomorrow. Thanks Zaphod.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top