Join for free
Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 01:18 PM

Re: Is Boris the One Blinking First?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If Biden wins there will be civil war in the USA.
It's been heading that way for some time, the divides are huge; growing; and their methods of governance are uncohesive and are what has led to an even greater split this past 5 years or so.
Will it lead to another civil war?
Who knows - of words is more likely because the last 2 elections have both been fiascos with candidates that should never, ever really have been in the position to stand for the highest office of the USA.
Either that changes, or the USA sinks under the weight of its' own infighting by the corrupt and greedy.

The troulble now is that no matter who wins, they don't have the power to do what needs doing and alter the way the country is run - and that's what the country desperately needs.
It needs an American Nigel Farage, to be blunt.
Biden (sadly) won't improve things.

Too many people have too much power and the rules & laws differ far too much between states (I know, but without a lengthy post this is the easiest way to put it).
If we're honest, there's nothing "united" about the states of the USA just the same as the EU are not really united.

Something has to change.
Biden is not the one capable of it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 01:34 PM

I Never Cared

By

Anonymous

I never cared if you were “gay” or whatever acronym you chose to call yourself. Until you started shoving it down my throat.

I never cared what color you were, if you were a good human being. Until you started blaming me for your problems.

I never cared about your political affiliation. Until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were from in this great Republic. Until you began condemning people based on where they were born and the history that makes them who they are.

I have never cared if you were well off or poor because I’ve been both. Until you started calling me names for working hard and bettering myself.

I’ve never cared if your beliefs are different from mine. Until you said my beliefs are wrong.

I’ve never cared if you don’t like guns. Until you tried to take my guns away.

Now. I care. I’ve given all the tolerance I have to give.

This is no longer my problem. It’s your problem.

You can still fix it. It’s not too late.

But it will be. Soon.

I’m a very patient person. But I’m rapidly running out of patience.

There are millions of people just like me who are sick of your Anti-American crap!

We are done caring about your immature and irrational feelings.

You are not entitled to enjoy the freedoms America offers you if you attempt to take those same freedoms from fellow Americans.

We have had enough!

America is the greatest country on earth and if you hate it, then, by all means, leave.

It’s as simple as that.

We won’t miss you.

And there are plenty of Americans who will be happy to show you the door.

I’m one of them!

Some sentiments that ring true for UK
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If Biden wins there will be civil war in the USA.
Just a little hijack if I'm allowed ... If Biden wins, watch out for a sudden, fatal heart attack a few months into his Presidency and Kamala Harris taking over. THEN watch the USA fall apart.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Just a little hijack if I'm allowed ... If Biden wins, watch out for a sudden, fatal heart attack a few months into his Presidency and Kamala Harris taking over. THEN watch the USA fall apart.
They will do a health check on him and find him unfit to govern. Biden is a Trojan horse for the hard left.

Saying that, it looks like Trump has this in the bag now anyway, the next debate tonight/tomorrow should be interesting to watch though.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 01:29 PM

Another done deal.

THE UK has signed a major new post-Brexit agreement with Japan as trade talks with the EU struggle to reach yet another breakthrough.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Another done deal.

THE UK has signed a major new post-Brexit agreement with Japan as trade talks with the EU struggle to reach yet another breakthrough.
Apparently Barmier has said he is not worried aout anything BUT
fish now?
He said this as he he entered the "tunnel" yesterday, so it would
seem that agreement has been found on the level playing field
issue even before the "tunnel" talks have take place??
Boris had better get his story clear on the fishing because if uk
does not regain total control of its waters then the rest of it means
nothing!!
UK MUST BE IN CHARGE OF QUOTAS AND REGULATIONS
REGARDING U K WATERS !
We want NO shared responsiblity bullshit !!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Apparently Barmier has said he is not worried aout anything BUT
fish now?
He said this as he he entered the "tunnel" yesterday, so it would
seem that agreement has been found on the level playing field
issue even before the "tunnel" talks have take place??
Boris had better get his story clear on the fishing because if uk
does not regain total control of its waters then the rest of it means
nothing!!
UK MUST BE IN CHARGE OF QUOTAS AND REGULATIONS
REGARDING U K WATERS !
We want NO shared responsiblity bullshit !!!

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
I don't think we're going to hear much until this "session" is over, whenever that will be but sometime this weekend as they are supposedly working it too.
Whenever we hear though will give us the best pointer as to the likely outcome because time is getting shorter & shorter.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 04:03 PM

I wonder how much of today's reports about Macron caving in on fishing are correct. It looks like he has started to prepare for "some" loss of quota as the Frog fishermen have said they won't be breaking any laws (tell THAT to our scallop boatmen).
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I wonder how much of today's reports about Macron caving in on fishing are correct. It looks like he has started to prepare for "some" loss of quota as the Frog fishermen have said they won't be breaking any laws (tell THAT to our scallop boatmen).
So it looks like we are down to loss of quota Percy!
I suppose that can be called progress?
But it cant be based on the present quotas surely?
They are so unfair at the moment that they need resetting?
The next argument will be who resets them??There is only one
answer to that!!
Apparenty the frogs are concerned about us catching the fish we
dont eat?? The answer to that is, we will sell them to eu if they
they want them? Problem solved!!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Another done deal.

Yes, we seem to manage to work a little more quickly than the EU, don't we.

Of course, I suppose we don't have 26 other countries to discuss it with for years beforehand!

Page 18 of 21 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top