Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 07:41 AM

Re: autumn and leavescollecting

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I just leaf them.

I pick up pretty ones and press and laminate them to make Autumn decorations. Far less work.
Good attitude, folks would do well to take a leaf out of your book.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 10:22 AM

Arghhhhhh I hate those blowers !
I use a broom when the dog lets me and put the leaves into plastic bags . They rot down and make compost .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Arghhhhhh I hate those blowers !
I use a broom when the dog lets me and put the leaves into plastic bags . They rot down and make compost .
That’s what I do Muddy, I quite enjoy sweeping them up (and we get a lot here), good exercise for you too.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 11:37 AM

depends on garden size, if we used a broom it would take all day. Blower great for blowing out under bushes and plants as well, love to see someone try with a broom.

little tip

This is what we use to get some leaves off the grass works far better than a broom

squeegee on metal pole

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 02:54 PM

Roll up your sleeves RS, sweeping the leaves gives much more satisfaction.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2020, 03:10 PM

Not with my size garden, and how about sweeping up acorns in not over long grass. The blower finds and gets them out without any lawn damage. lets face it for £125 for the blower well worth it when it cuts the collection time to a fraction of of using a broom.

Must be a woman thing to want to do a job the hard way
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

24-10-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not with my size garden, and how about sweeping up acorns in not over long grass. The blower finds and gets them out without any lawn damage. lets face it for £125 for the blower well worth it when it cuts the collection time to a fraction of of using a broom.

Must be a woman thing to want to do a job the hard way
Not at all, we are not obsessed on gadgets for everything! More satisfaction gained by doing something yourself
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 05:44 AM

Get round 'ere wi' that theer blowy thing speedy, i hate the mess they make in my garden. Gowon, al gi' thee a tenner

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top