Join for free
Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 07:26 PM

Re: Boris puts 20% VAT back on Facemasks and Glovess.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You are going back to the parents because you cannot admit it is not the fault of a child if it is born into a dysfunctional family. These are hungry children being treated as political footballs.

When so much money is being wasted on vanity projects they seek to stem a haemorrhage desperately from PPE and hungry children. HS2, bridges to Ireland, why is this not being questioned at this time?
Political footballs? Yes, but by BoJo haters and remoaners.

As for what you wrongly describe as vanity projects, hey are far from being vanity projects, they are infrastructure projects. The provision of nutrition for kids are very well catered for. What is needed is for social workers to step up and ensure that our - or rather your tax handouts since don't pay any - are being correctly used by the great unwashed.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I'm more interested in why the inability of some parents isn't being questioned and resolved?
FWIW I would rather see these parents educated in order to avoid budgeting problems rather than keep throwing unnecessary cash at them.
Cure the cause, not the effects and that way the children will see a benefit for the whole of the rest of their childhood, rather than for an soon-to-be-forgotten meal.

In another thread I detail how much the parents of chidren receive.
It is shocking that they get so much - and then say they can't cope.

It's media trying to turn it into a political football and the gullible that fall for it.
It is a recent trend, sadly, just like the rise in food banks.
Whoever would have imagined it really - that if you offer something for free you will be overwhelmed with demands!

In neither case am I saying that nobody needs these.
Just that the real number in need is almost vanishingly small in reality.

I'd like to see you talk to some of these kids who have no food and explain to them how it's the fault of their parents. How their hunger is a drain on society while we go off funding vanity projects like a bridge to Ireland which is currently under review in a transport study. You could explain how the HS2 billions are more worthy than their stomachs.

I hope they both extend the period for VAT Free PPE and fund school meals during holidays. I have a feeling they will do both as well as removing those ridiculous plastic covers from "non essentials" in Welsh supermarkets. Never saw so many loony policies at such a time.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Political footballs? Yes, but by BoJo haters and remoaners.

As for what you wrongly describe as vanity projects, hey are far from being vanity projects, they are infrastructure projects. The provision of nutrition for kids are very well catered for. What is needed is for social workers to step up and ensure that our - or rather your tax handouts since don't pay any - are being correctly used by the great unwashed.
We have managed to do very well indeed with no bridge to Ireland. What we should have is a fixed link to the Isle of Wight.

As you are vocal lifetime tax evader what do you care?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 07:35 PM

I'd like to see you talk to some of these kids who have no food and explain to them how it's the fault of their parents. How their hunger is a drain on society while we go off funding vanity projects like a bridge to Ireland which is currently under review in a transport study. You could explain how the HS2 billions are more worthy than their stomachs.

I hope they both extend the period for VAT Free PPE and fund school meals during holidays. I have a feeling they will do both as well as removing those ridiculous plastic covers from "non essentials" in Welsh supermarkets. Never saw so many loony policies at such a time.
The hungry kids need to be told that it IS the fault of their parents they are hungry and their lousy parents have been given money with which to provide them with grub. The poor little bleeders deserve to know.

As for being vanity projects, INFRASTRUCTURE. Not vanity at all.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-10-2020, 07:41 PM

We have managed to do very well indeed with no bridge to Ireland. What we should have is a fixed link to the Isle of Wight.

As you are vocal lifetime tax evader what do you care?
Avoider my dear. And why do I care? Because I'm watching this government being cruelly criticised based on lies and distortions by the dregs of society.

The fixed link to the island of Ireland is quite a good idea that will benefit both.countries on Ireland as well as helping a much needed very hard border between Ulster and Eire.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 07:45 PM

I'd like to see you talk to some of these kids who have no food and explain to them how it's the fault of their parents.
I wouldn't need to - they can see for themselves their parents' contract iphones; Sky & Netflix; smoking/vaping & worse habits.

You're forgetting that the "drain" of HS2 and other so-called "vanity projects" brings new jobs that feeds the children of those working on them now!

Rather than hand-wringing faux concern about imaginary hunger and trying to relegate our country to a return to the technological dark ages it's time that some people to take responsibility for their own actions.

Just as it isn't any child's fault if their parents are feckless and irresponsible leading to the child's hunger, it is time for hand-wringing do-gooders to realise that we have a system in place to deal with these children if they really exist.
That's what Social Services do.

Betcha if these intervened in a few allegations of child hunger you'd soon see an end to the spurious claims.
Once these feckless parents see the potential for their cash-cows to be removed.
(That's not an unfair comment if indeed parents do use monies meant for a child's upkeep to fund other aspects of the parents lifestyle.)

What a shame that as a country we're too interested in the faux do-gooders and not interested enough in the cause for these alleged victims.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-10-2020, 10:09 PM

Avoider my dear. And why do I care? Because I'm watching this government being cruelly criticised based on lies and distortions by the dregs of society.

The fixed link to the island of Ireland is quite a good idea that will benefit both.countries on Ireland as well as helping a much needed very hard border between Ulster and Eire.
evader avoider, potaito potarto, tomaetoe tomarto. Cruel criticism is what politics is all about. Talk about snowflake reasoning....

Such a great idea which nobody bothered with until now. It's a money pit that's what it is. But maybe a good investment for tax evaders/avoiders?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-10-2020, 10:21 PM

The hungry kids need to be told that it IS the fault of their parents they are hungry and their lousy parents have been given money with which to provide them with grub. The poor little bleeders deserve to know.
Yes that will really help them if they are hungry. Understanding....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
1. If the gloves are made of natural rubber latex, as are condoms, these will breakdown naturally over the course of a few weeks/months - certainly no more than a year.
2. If the gloves are made of nitrile rubber or polythene then that's a completely different story altogether. 100s of years before they'll have broken down and disappeared.
3. The disposable masks are 3 layer fabrics. The middle layer is polypropylene. Again, it will be 100s of years before that breaks down and disappears.

With regards to the free school meals debacle, I said in the summer and I'll say it again. When the Government announced it would provide vouchers to needy families, I said they were providing a big stick that would be used to beat them with come ALL future school holidays. What has happened? Vouchers are being issued now for this ½ term break and talk is turning to the Christmas break. Then it will be Easter next year.

It's got to stop. The country can't afford it. I don't give a fart, flying or otherwise, about people screaming they can't afford to feed their kids. They CAN if they put their bloody minds to it. (I was on the dole back in the early 1980s and raising 2 children with my then 1st wife. They didn't go without, but my ex and I were on shorter measures.)
And so you should not, it has been revealed that farting can transmit Covid, and that information Stinks.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-10-2020, 10:49 PM

evader avoider, potaito potarto, tomaetoe tomarto. Cruel criticism is what politics is all about. Talk about snowflake reasoning....

Such a great idea which nobody bothered with until now. It's a money pit that's what it is. But maybe a good investment for tax evaders/avoiders?
Tax avoiding is perfectly legal. Tax evasion is an entirely different matter. It's more difficult to get away with!

Page 5 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top