Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:30 PM

Do people still accept the lockdown?

Coronavirus: Do British people still accept the lockdown?

"The country will soon enter its seventh week of the greatest curbs on daily life since
World War Two.

But many, according to the most recent polling data, say they would be uncomfortable leaving
home even if the government ordered the lifting of the restrictions in a month's time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52495201

What about you, where do you stand on this, what are your comments?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:38 PM

Re: Do people still accept the lockdown?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Coronavirus: Do British people still accept the lockdown?

"The country will soon enter its seventh week of the greatest curbs on daily life since
World War Two.

But many, according to the most recent polling data, say they would be uncomfortable leaving
home even if the government ordered the lifting of the restrictions in a month's time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52495201

What about you, where do you stand on this, what are your comments?

I find that my daughters nag me, and treat me as a silly old B....r, if I even suggest venturing out.

If I do go out, for a bit of exercise, I am on a virtual lead and am pushed round others to keep my distances.

Can't help remembering how I treated my parents - exactly the same!

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:52 PM

People who don't are seven kinds of bloody fools.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 12:53 PM

We are continually being told by our son and daughter not to venture outdoors, anything we want they will see to it for us.

We are in our 8th week of staying indoors as in going out the front gate. We have got used to it now but may feel different when the winter sets in as we won’t be able to go out in the garden then.

I do worry about our daughter, she hasn’t been in the best of health for a while now but she still forces herself out to do her shopping as well as looking after our granddaughter who also isn’t too well. She worries about our SIL who, after a major op 8 months ago, still has to go to work (engineering).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
people who don't are seven kinds of bloody fools.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 01:47 PM

I don't like it much - but would rather stick to the rules than put either myself or others at risk.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I don't like it much - but would rather stick to the rules than put either myself or others at risk.

Thankyou, that sums up my attitude perfectly
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 02:09 PM

Hi

Exactly ST.

Us oldies are much more at risk, both to ourselves and those who have to deal with us.

A once a week shop at a quiet time of day is no great shakes to me.

I do miss my eating out, but that can be dealt with easily.

I will still see the Pretendies and they can have their McDonalds, but at home, not on the premises.

I will still have people round, cook for them, just not a houseful[.

I will still go on holiday, but sensibly.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Thankyou, that sums up my attitude perfectly
That is how I feel too. I will take it steady & not risk it. I will still go shopping once a week & the rest of the time stay home. Until we are told this awful virus is no longer in Britain.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is how I feel too. I will take it steady & not risk it. I will still go shopping once a week & the rest of the time stay home. Until we are told this awful virus is no longer in Britain.
Yep, same here. However, we do have to make a trip into town tomorrow to pick up Val's meds because her GP cocked up again and put the wrong pharmacy on her prescription!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top