Join for free
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 08:40 PM

Re: Is Boris the One Blinking First?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I fully agree.

If Boris does give in at the last minute, he's going to lose votes. Just how many is anybody's guess, but if Nigel sticks to his word and stands his party at the next GE, or even before, he will certainly have my vote.

All we can do is to keep pushing and hoping.

As I've said before, I hope beyond hope that enough of our voters grow some balls and manage to give in to their usual Labour/Conservative beliefs. Pendulum politics has been holding us back for far too many years now.

The emergence of a new political party is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility either. It happened a little over a hundred years ago when the Labour party overtook the Liberals as the second major party and then actually formed the next government.

If that can happen due to overwhelming public support, it could happen again if the Tories fail to do what the majority of the electorate wants. I just hope that enough of us have the will and trust to do it.

A lot more to gain, nothing to lose. Voter apathy equals politicians complacency.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I fully agree.

If Boris does give in at the last minute, he's going to lose votes. Just how many is anybody's guess, but if Nigel sticks to his word and stands his party at the next GE, or even before, he will certainly have my vote.

All we can do is to keep pushing and hoping.

As I've said before, I hope beyond hope that enough of our voters grow some balls and manage to give in to their usual Labour/Conservative beliefs. Pendulum politics has been holding us back for far too many years now.

The emergence of a new political party is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility either. It happened a little over a hundred years ago when the Labour party overtook the Liberals as the second major party and then actually formed the next government.

If that can happen due to overwhelming public support, it could happen again if the Tories fail to do what the majority of the electorate wants. I just hope that enough of us have the will and trust to do it.
I agree JBR, and it almost happened at the end of last year at the
election, if Nigel had continued with his campaign the chances were
high that he would have taken the election imo!
We missed the chance of a lifetime??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I agree JBR, and it almost happened at the end of last year at the
election, if Nigel had continued with his campaign the chances were
high that he would have taken the election imo!
We missed the chance of a lifetime??
In a way, of course, that was due to the presence of Labour and the threat of THEM taking a majority.

Fortunately, people are finally beginning to see through them.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

A lot more to gain, nothing to lose. Voter apathy equals politicians complacency.
I agree with that Cinderella , british voters do tend to be apathetic !
Hence the last 40 yrs ?
But it was not apathy that gave Boris victory at the last election?
It was Nigel removing his candidates from half of the constituencies?
I understand his reasons for doing this but l think he underestimated
himself?
However we are where we are and we must hope we misjudge
Boris now and make sure he gets punished if he lets us down??

Donkeyman! 🙄🙄
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I agree with that Cinderella , british voters do tend to be apathetic !
Hence the last 40 yrs ?
But it was not apathy that gave Boris victory at the last election?
It was Nigel removing his candidates from half of the constituencies?
I understand his reasons for doing this but l think he underestimated
himself?
However we are where we are and we must hope we misjudge
Boris now and make sure he gets punished if he lets us down??
I'm sure that would happen, and I'm sure that Boris knows it - fortunately.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:53 AM

No more delays, agree to disagree is about the one thing we can be certain of. No more extra time, the final whistle and the game is over. Five years wasted, only to find UK bound to EU rules they have implemented in the meantime.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:47 AM

Hi

We have a problem with Boris.

Most Politicians lie.

Boris is not very good at it, he has been sacked twice for doing so.

The EU are a ruthless bunch.

They decided to test him, they can do Gameplay very well.

They called his bluff on him being dead in a ditch if he did not get his way by October 31st last year.

Boris backed down, this has made them much more confident.

They could not believe their luck when Boris changed May's Northern Ireland provisions' to their advantage.

He signed the Withdrawal Agreement and then decided to revoke it.

The EU could no longer trust him.

All in all we are in a mess.

It is my view that if Farage had been negotiating the EU would know that if he said something, it was going to happen.

This would have given us the advantage.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 01:35 PM

No more delays, agree to disagree is about the one thing we can be certain of. No more extra time, the final whistle and the game is over. Five years wasted, only to find UK bound to EU rules they have implemented in the meantime.
There appears to be no definitive list of companies and organisations known to be relocating, moving operations or headquarters, closing factories in Britain and/or opening new ones in Europe – with Brexit cited as one of the reasons, if not the main driver, for these changes. Yorkshire Bylines has therefore compiled its own list (below).

https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/brexi...x-is-launched/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have a problem with Boris.

Most Politicians lie.

Boris is not very good at it, he has been sacked twice for doing so.

The EU are a ruthless bunch.

They decided to test him, they can do Gameplay very well.

They called his bluff on him being dead in a ditch if he did not get his way by October 31st last year.

Boris backed down, this has made them much more confident.

They could not believe their luck when Boris changed May's Northern Ireland provisions' to their advantage.

He signed the Withdrawal Agreement and then decided to revoke it.

The EU could no longer trust him.

All in all we are in a mess.

It is my view that if Farage had been negotiating the EU would know that if he said something, it was going to happen.

This would have given us the advantage.

The problem is, Johnson's so indelibly associated with Brexit that he cannot be seen to waver, even when it's pragmatic to draw breath.
A responsible leader would have had the courage to explain that, in unprecedented circumstances, it's reasonable to take a little more time to work through things.

Brexit was just leaving the EU that is done and over with, the sh*tshow of being a 3rd country trying to negotiate back what you threw away will likely never be fully over it will be an ongoing process.
Johnson's the godfather of Brexit. The consequences are on him. Not on remainers, for not believing hard enough. Not on the EU, for refusing to abandon its defining principles, but on Johnson and the ideologues that sold this to the people.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201008_004817.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	13896  
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-10-2020, 03:49 PM

My god! What ever happened to the easiest deal in history?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ssels-sell-out

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top