Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 04:34 PM

Re: Is Boris the One Blinking First?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The problem is, Johnson's so indelibly associated with Brexit that he cannot be seen to waver, even when it's pragmatic to draw breath.
A responsible leader would have had the courage to explain that, in unprecedented circumstances, it's reasonable to take a little more time to work through things.

Brexit was just leaving the EU that is done and over with, the sh*tshow of being a 3rd country trying to negotiate back what you threw away will likely never be fully over it will be an ongoing process.
Johnson's the godfather of Brexit. The consequences are on him. Not on remainers, for not believing hard enough. Not on the EU, for refusing to abandon its defining principles, but on Johnson and the ideologues that sold this to the people.

You really make me laugh Solache when you spit out your venom by describing this beautiful beloved country as a ''Sh..Show of a third country'' and what we have thrown away.
Thrown away? It is almost 5 wasted years since we voted for our freedom and contrary to the EU and its dozens of attempts to bully, intimidate, threaten and cajole us into ''Please don't Go'' I can almost guarantee that those millions of British voters who put a cross next to 'Get us the hell out of there' would do it all again in a heartbeat, with no doubt, the addition of hundreds of thousands of former remain voters who have, in these five years, had their eyes well and truly opened as to the type of organisation and its dross leaders that they unfortunately once voted to stay with, way back when.

You of course, not being a Brit, really don't know us, do you?

Let's get one thing straight! The millions of people who voted to leave were sold NOTHING by Boris. It could have been anyone in charge, as long as they supported Brexit in it's entirety, the country was behind him or her all the way.
I'm convinced that the feelings of every Leave voter is still exactly the same today.
The people of this country waited a long, long time to be given just one opportunity, just one - to tell the EU where to shove it. That we did - with relish I may add - by voting to leave. We are still smiling broadly five years on. So, one whiff of betrayal by Boris would be seen as political suicide. I genuinely believe he knows and understands this.

Finally, I would add that five years later, and after the world has been able to witness first-hand what ubelievable dross is running the EU, you may well get a pathetic kick out of calling this beautiful, wonderful, soon to be free country 'a third country' call it a fourth, fifth, who the hell cares?
All we want and longing for - is to be finally free of your EU leadership dross who have acted so appallingly during the whole of the Brexit negotiations and now the Trade negotiations, they shouldn't be in charge of running a bath, never mind 27 unhappy, gullible, trapped member states, soon to not have British fishing waters, and proud Brits no longer obeying your pathetic EU rules and laws.

It's our ball and we're taking it back home!

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 04:41 PM

I bow in the presence of greatness oh Shropshiregirl. That is one hell of a piece of writing. Well done
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You really make me laugh Solache when you spit out your venom by describing this beautiful beloved country as a ''Sh..Show of a third country'' and what we have thrown away.
Thrown away? It is almost 5 wasted years since we voted for our freedom and contrary to the EU and its dozens of attempts to bully, intimidate, threaten and cajole us into ''Please don't Go'' I can almost guarantee that those millions of British voters who put a cross next to 'Get us the hell out of there' would do it all again in a heartbeat, with no doubt, the addition of hundreds of thousands of former remain voters who have, in these five years, had their eyes well and truly opened as to the type of organisation and its dross leaders that they unfortunately once voted to stay with, way back when.

Let's get one thing straight! The millions of people who voted to leave were sold NOTHING by Boris. It could have been anyone in charge, as long as they supported Brexit in it's entirety, the country was behind him or her all the way.
I'm convinced that the feelings of every Leave voter is still exactly the same today.
The people of this country waited a long, long time to be given just one opportunity, just one - to tell the EU where to shove it. That we did - with relish I may add - by voting to leave. We are still smiling broadly five years on. So, one whiff of betrayal by Boris would be seen as political suicide. I genuinely believe he knows and understands this.

Finally, I would add that five years later, and after the world has been able to witness first-hand what ubelievable dross is running the EU, you may well get a pathetic kick out of calling this beautiful, wonderful, soon to be free country 'a third country' call it a fourth, fifth, who the hell cares?
All we want and longing for - is to be finally free of your EU leadership dross who have acted so appallingly during the whole of the Brexit negotiations and now the Trade negotiations, they shouldn't be in charge of running a bath, never mind 27 unhappy, gullible, trapped member states.
As always, well said SG.

Yes. The world is watching the EU's behaviour. They have done themselves no favours!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

All we want and longing for - is to be finally free of your EU leadership dross who have acted so appallingly during the whole of the Brexit negotiations and now the Trade negotiations, they shouldn't be in charge of running a bath, never mind 27 unhappy, gullible, trapped member states, soon to not have British fishing waters, and proud Brits no longer obeying your pathetic EU rules and laws.

It's our ball and we're taking it back home!

I've read many a rant of you on this subject, but you know what strikes me most in the present one? No mention of project fear! Coming to the realisation the predictions are coming true? Don't fear! It gives the european continent the opportunity to help britain, and repay a bit of the debt of last two big wars.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:38 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...michel-barnier

The Prime Minister spoke with the German Chancellor on the telephone this afternoon just 24 hours after holding similar crunch talks with French President Emmanuel Macron. Ahead of the crucial EU summit next week, Mr Johnson warned Ms Merkel there remains “significant gaps” in Brexit negotiations and insisted the UK is ready to abandon talks and leave on Australia-style terms and without a formal deal with Brussels.

I cannot see any point in this pretence, what can they possibly have to finalise. Expect surprises are going to be sprung on us in the few months remaining of the charade.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...michel-barnier

I cannot see any point in this pretence, what can they possibly have to finalise. Expect surprises are going to be sprung on us in the few months remaining of the charade.
February 2020: johnson says that if there is no trade deal by the end of june, he will ditch the talks and prepare for WTO.

June 2020: now he says that he will walk if there is no trade deal by the end of july.

July 2020: Johnson meets von der leyen, michel and sassoli and agrees to continue talks in august and september.

September 2020: johnson now says that there must be a deal before 15 october or he will walk.

Some time soon johnson will run out of time.
Giving a deadline when you are the wanting, underdog partner in negotiations is quite unique. You only strengthen your opponent"s hand when doing so.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 09:42 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...e-october-2020

It is thought the two sides may announce a “deal in principle” on Thursday, paving the way for the two teams to continue negotiating into the start of next month.
NO, NO, NO say it and mean it Mr.Johnson. Mrs Thatcher successfully fought and won a number of battles against the excessive powers of Brussels.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...e-october-2020

NO, NO, NO say it and mean it Mr.Johnson. Mrs Thatcher successfully fought and won a number of battles against the excessive powers of Brussels.
What? Yet another delay?

You said the 15th, Boris. For God's sake stick to your guns for once.
Surely it must be clear to you that most of your voters want you to walk away. The EU leaders want nothing other than to keep us under their control.
Our businesses want to know whether they should begin to prepare for WTO.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What? Yet another delay?

Surely it must be clear to you that most of your voters want you to walk away. The EU leaders want nothing other than to keep us under their control.
I have said for some time now that we should keep Boris far away
from brexit negotiations and leave it up to Frosty !!
Last minute phone calls and "private" ,read "secret" meetings are
not what we want or need ??
Why do we keep pussyfooting around?

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-10-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What? Yet another delay?

Your businesses have been told by your government to prepare, yet 70% still think there will be an extension.
Whether there is a deal or not, disruption of trade will be a fact, due to checks of goods based notably on wto rules! It is hard to understand for the british that brexit really means brexit, and what it entails.
https://readyforbrexit.co.uk

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...eid=1bd09617ec

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top