Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:21 AM

Ring Doorbell.

Hi

I have got one.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-your-own-sofa

The new ones are much easier to set up and very accurate

Black Friday is not long away, prices will be much less.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:30 AM

Re: Ring Doorbell.

Deleted - wrong thread!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 07:47 AM

I did read somewhere that a "ring doorbell" can be disrupted by signal blocking. Bit like car remote locking which can be over ridden with the right equipment.
All new technology has flaws and the "ring doorbell" is no exception. Having said that it does provide a bit of extra security providing a break in thief is going to ring the doorbell first
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 08:39 AM

I'm suspicious of Ring. Lots of people around here (H&F) have them, they show short videos on our community website of amazon parcels getting stolen. The faces are always a bit too blurry to see clearly. I hear that in the US cops have special software to be able to recognise theses people in these videos stealing stuff, the UK police don't. And Ring refuse to comment, saying it's a weak connection, dirty camera or something.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I did read somewhere that a "ring doorbell" can be disrupted by signal blocking. Bit like car remote locking which can be over ridden with the right equipment.
All new technology has flaws and the "ring doorbell" is no exception. Having said that it does provide a bit of extra security providing a break in thief is going to ring the doorbell first

They don't have to ring the bell, the camera is activated as people approach.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:09 AM

I have Hive door security it’s link to the smart heating hub .
I think it must be like Ring , I’m very happy with it .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:37 AM

I have a Blink System (made by Amazon) which makes very clear recordings of everyone coming to the door, or even, going past.

Front, Rear, and Side of House

Catches out the Amazon delivery men quite a lot.

Excellent HD Pictures & film shots - voice sound could be better.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 09:55 AM

I want to get one but can’t decide on the model. And not sure how much I want to spend on it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:36 AM

I am undecided tbh. I know they capture the face of the would be intruder (sans mask of course) but what's the chances of catching them anyway? The police are not interested, particularly if Pikeys are involved. To me it just says, I'm out at the moment so feel free to break in.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:53 AM

Where I live they'd just steal the doorbell. It would be as much use to me as an ashtray on a motorbike, sadly.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top