Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 04:25 PM

Re: We have done Breait before.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
We, the dutch, are part of the mighty EU, with 445 mln inhabitants.6 times as big as your island (in inhabitants). Geography is another matter entirely.
So bullying is the answer?
"I'm bigger than you are".
Well it is typical EU, we will give you that.

But the EU isn't cohesive - and people everywhere are people.
It is these people you and your beloved EU are putting on the line.
"Never mind that you've lost your job Geert, the EU cares."
That will make a world of difference.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
So bullying is the answer?
"I'm bigger than you are".
Well it is typical EU, we will give you that.

But the EU isn't cohesive - and people everywhere are people.
It is these people you and your beloved EU are putting on the line.
"Never mind that you've lost your job Geert, the EU cares."
That will make a world of difference.
Typically british, it always the EU who is to blame, never look at your own failings. To think that some people hoped that exiting the EU would take away the excuse from your politicians to always blame the EU for everything that goes wrong.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 06:55 PM

Typically british, it always the EU who is to blame, never look at your own failings. To think that some people hoped that exiting the EU would take away the excuse from your politicians to always blame the EU for everything that goes wrong.
You're the one who started talk of bullying, nobody else.
Are you really going to deny it now when you admit it in print just above?

Again I will say that the time for you and the EU to dictate, demand and have the last word regarding the British has gone.
What persists looks like your "bullying".
We have said "enough is enough".
Take heed.

Now you would do better to concentrate on your own matters rather than those of us Brirtish, methinks - since you seem to have quite enough problems yourselves.

Now I wish you a goedenacht.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 08:27 PM

You're the one who started talk of bullying, nobody else.
Are you really going to deny it now when you admit it in print just above?

Again I will say that the time for you and the EU to dictate, demand and have the last word regarding the British has gone.
What persists looks like your "bullying".
We have said "enough is enough".
Take heed.

Now you would do better to concentrate on your own matters rather than those of us Brirtish, methinks - since you seem to have quite enough problems yourselves.

Now I wish you a goedenacht.
Like I said, brexit is no issue on the continent. You are my little pet subject....
Gute nacht.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

19-10-2020, 10:08 AM

Like I said, brexit is no issue on the continent. You are my little pet subject....
Gute nacht.
If Brexit is no issue, WHY are YOU so determined to have your say ............ despite the very obvious negative opinion you engender from others here?

I suggest that it is because you know that you and your fellows will suffer as a direct consequence of Brexit.
Why else would you be SO inssistent upon the tactics you so visibly employ here?
Be honest and admit your fear.

En goedemorgen.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 02:24 PM

If Brexit is no issue, WHY are YOU so determined to have your say ............ despite the very obvious negative opinion you engender from others here?

I suggest that it is because you know that you and your fellows will suffer as a direct consequence of Brexit.
Why else would you be SO inssistent upon the tactics you so visibly employ here?

En goedemorgen.
Hi

Everybody will suffer financially in the short time.

Some will suffer more than others.

Even a Deal will result in increased costs to both the EU and the UK

In the medium to long term the effects, beneficial or otherwise, will be determined largely by our Politicians and their handling of things, in particular financial and fiscal policy.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-10-2020, 02:42 PM

En goedemorgen.
Ook voor jou een goede morgen c.q. middag.

I'm retired, living comfortably on a civil servant's pension. My kids have a life of their own.

The negative opinion doesn't bother me. One, everybody is entitled to an opinion, second, those opinions are always refutable, even if they are not altered by the presented facts. But such are brexiters.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

19-10-2020, 03:19 PM

Ook voor jou een goede morgen c.q. middag.

I'm retired, living comfortably on a civil servant's pension. My kids have a life of their own.

The negative opinion doesn't bother me. One, everybody is entitled to an opinion, second, those opinions are always refutable, even if they are not altered by the presented facts. But such are brexiters.
You dodged answering the question: If Brexit is no issue, WHY are YOU so determined to have your say?

If you're so determined to assert that it will not impact you that only leaves one possibility; you are trouble-making.
But such are fervent Europhiles.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:20 PM

You dodged answering the question: If Brexit is no issue, WHY are YOU so determined to have your say?

If you're so determined to assert that it will not impact you that only leaves one possibility; you are trouble-making.
But such are fervent Europhiles.
Is it because he isn't Dutch or even European ?

Zaphod
Lincs UK

19-10-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Everybody will suffer financially in the short time.

Some will suffer more than others.

Even a Deal will result in increased costs to both the EU and the UK

In the medium to long term the effects, beneficial or otherwise, will be determined largely by our Politicians and their handling of things, in particular financial and fiscal policy.
Hi Swimfeeders.

I have to dispute your "everybody will suffer" statement - but only because if it does become true that it will be purely because of EU intransigence.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the EU to treat an ex-member as a hostile nation which is what the EU would in effect be doing if it persists upon the current path. It is the unreasonable requests rather than (for example) agreeing a basic free trade deal first and then seeking additional actions that will lead to the EU in effect shooting itself in the foot and causing suffering all-round.

In honesty I find it remarkably sad that the EU has so little regard for it's own citizenry.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top