Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 07:54 PM

Re: Macrons Threat to the UK Energy Market

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I've shown that EU policies are responsible for every single EU member importing their energy to one degree or another.

Here in the UK we have a plan.
A plan which is not the EU's.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...imate_plan.pdf
I suppose the plan will commence not as originally planned on april 2019 (the brexit date), but on january first?

The plan however is based on a deal between UK and EU. Read for yourself (since you do not open documents):

On the 29 March 2019, the UK will leave the European Union and begin a new chapter in its
history. As part of this, the UK has set out in its White Paper our proposals for an ambitious
economic relationship with the European Union along with a security partnership.

On energy, the UK is seeking cooperation with the EU to support the delivery of cost efficient,
clean and secure supplies of electricity and gas, based on competitive markets and non-
discriminatory access to networks
. This includes a framework to facilitate technical cooperation
between electricity and gas network organisations and agreement on mechanisms to ensure
efficient trade over the interconnectors over different timeframes.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I suppose the plan will commence not as originally planned on april 2019 (the brexit date), but on january first?

The plan however is based on a deal between UK and EU. Read for yourself (since you do not open documents):

On the 29 March 2019, the UK will leave the European Union and begin a new chapter in its
history. As part of this, the UK has set out in its White Paper our proposals for an ambitious
economic relationship with the European Union along with a security partnership.

On energy, the UK is seeking cooperation with the EU to support the delivery of cost efficient,
clean and secure supplies of electricity and gas, based on competitive markets and non-
discriminatory access to networks
. This includes a framework to facilitate technical cooperation
between electricity and gas network organisations and agreement on mechanisms to ensure
efficient trade over the interconnectors over different timeframes.
Wel durrr ......... of course it's based on a deal; the EU's laws said they have to offer one as I keep showing you.
I note you ignored this bit:
"The UK’s world leading climate ambitions and our high standards set out in domestic law are more stretching than our current obligations under EU law"
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:36 PM

Wel durrr ......... of course it's based on a deal; the EU's laws said they have to offer one as I keep showing you.
I note you ignored this bit:
"The UK’s world leading climate ambitions and our high standards set out in domestic law are more stretching than our current obligations under EU law"
You keep wriggling. The deal mentioned in article 50 is the withdrawal deal. A deal, I may remind you, many brexiters wanted to leave without.

The deal meant in the climate plan is the comprehensive deal described in the political declaration. Only one aspect of it is trade.

Is all this so difficult to grapple?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:40 PM

You keep wriggling. The deal mentioned in article 50 is the withdrawal deal. A deal, I may remind you, many brexiters wanted to leave without.

The deal meant in the climate plan is the comprehensive deal described in the political declaration. Only one aspect of it is trade.

Is all this so difficult to grapple?
Wrong.
YOU are the one wriggling - and refusing to answer whilst distracting with pointless comments and links.

Explain how you think Ireland will feel if the EU's actions (or inaction) towards the UK cause them harm, be it with energy; transport; or anything else?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-10-2020, 08:45 PM

Wrong.
YOU are the one wriggling - and refusing to answer whilst distracting with pointless comments and links.

Explain how you think Ireland will feel if the EU's actions (or inaction) towards the UK cause them harm, be it with energy; transport; or anything else?
Okay, too difficult.

I don't know how such an event would come around, so can't speculate on how the average irish man or woman might feel. Do you?
Zaphod
Lincs UK

19-10-2020, 08:49 PM

Okay, too difficult.

I don't know how such an event would come around, so can't speculate on how the average irish man or woman might feel. Do you?
I know no Irishman will be happy if the lights go out because of the EU, or if they face severe shortages.
You and the EU both need to realise that.

But at last you're agreeing that the EU will not cause problems.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top