Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 02:12 PM

A Quiz ...

Quiz for Bright People

There are only nine questions.

This is a quiz for people who know everything!

I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions.

They are straight questions with straight answers..

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3 Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Re: A Quiz ...

1. Boxing

2. Niagara Falls is eroding I think

3. Potatoes and onions?

4. Strawberry

5. They must fasten a bottle over the bud while still on the tree. If that's possible...

6. dwindle...?

7. colon, semi-colon, question mark, apostrophe, parentheses, comma, period, exclamation mark, asterisk

8. celery

9. socks, shoes, slippers, sandals, stilettos, snowboots, show shoes, ski boots
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 02:29 PM

No. 9 = Socks - shoes - sexy tights - sandals - slippers - sun tan lotion - stirrups

No. 6 = 'dwont' ask me'
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 02:29 PM

Have PMd you with the ones that are not right - I'm not helping anyone to cheat by using your post as a guide to being brainy
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

01-05-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
No. 9 = Socks - shoes - sexy tights - sandals - slippers - sun tan lotion - stirrups
Sexy tights is a blatant cheat Pats!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Points to Pats for sexy tights and sun tan lotion. Those should be allowed.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

01-05-2013, 02:35 PM

I went to school with a Dwight. Can we use him for #6? No? Dwat!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Points to Pats for sexy tights and sun tan lotion. Those should be allowed.
Of course I agree with ya
BTW - love 'dwat '
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 08:08 PM

I love a quiz but I am hopeless at them, I'll have a stab at three answers. (4) Strawberry. (5) They grow the Pear in the bottle. (6) Dwarf, Dwindle.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 09:51 PM

1, dunno
2,Grand Canyon?
3,spuds, onions
4, strawberry
5, Sucked in when air removed?
6,Dwarf, dwindle
7,Full stop, comma, colon, semi-colon, apostrophe, inverted commas, question mark ?
8,Banana, no dunno
9,Slipper, socks, shoes, skis, skates, sandals
10, Cheese, can't do without it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top