Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 08:53 PM

Re: Anne Widdecombe's Amazing Speech

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Have you noticed that the people who complain about Anne Widdecombe's speech and the protest by The Brexit Party MEP's during the playing of the EU's theme tune have said not a peep about the blatant use of a swear word printed on the T shirts of LibDem MEP's?

Neither have they complained about the reporting and images of those T shirts being shown on the BBC and other MSM
The british are far more prudish about swear words and any nakedness than on the continent. We are also far more allowing for mentally retarded people, but not if they are sent to represent their country.
So we can accept that Ann thinks homosexuality is a disease to be cured. We laugh about her move to make drug abuse a crime, even for first offenders (and finding out that half her political party are offenders). But raving while you are representing the people of your country, shaming them and yourself, those are persons that will find little understanding, unless they are in a straightjacket.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No that's untrue.

You've just said a revolution is needed. You keep saying such things and then you deny being an anarchist. You're actively promoting rebellion against our way of life. So I see your views on Brexit as being part of that agenda.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The british are far more prudish about swear words and any nakedness than on the continent. We are also far more allowing for mentally retarded people, but not if they are sent to represent their country.
So we can accept that Ann thinks homosexuality is a disease to be cured. We laugh about her move to make drug abuse a crime, even for first offenders (and finding out that half her political party are offenders). But raving while you are representing the people of your country, shaming them and yourself, those are persons that will find little understanding, unless they are in a straightjacket.
The British aren't prudish about swear words, only the middle classes.........As for nudity.......it's not prudishness but simply most Brits don't , possess the arrogance that some Europeans hav for imposing their ugly , gnarled wrinkly and unsightly nakedness on others.

It's not prudishness but a simple matter of aesthetics.

Ann's views on sexuality are stupid but they are not a Brexit related point of view.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 09:19 PM

I didn't realise that Ann thought homosexuality was a disease. Apparently Nigel has defended her views. What is appeal of Brexit for those with extreme religiosity? I've seen it time and again.

Is the EU seen as a den of iniquity? I think it's just a move by this group to turn Britain into a religious state. That has been a plan for some time. But it's one of the stranger undercurrents to where we are now. Every nutbar cause seems to be attached to this movement.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You've just said a revolution is needed. You keep saying such things and then you deny being an anarchist.
Yep as posted earlier. Revolution is not anarchy

You're actively promoting rebellion against our way of life.
I'm promoting rebellion against any attack on our democracy by tyrants and/or dictators. I presume then that you support the abolishment of our democracy and the installation of a dictatorship. Maybe you;re in the wrong country?

So I see your views on Brexit as being part of that agenda.
And I see your views as being a firm and integral part of the Freemasonic establishment which seeks to keep us in the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-07-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yep as posted earlier. Revolution is not anarchy

I'm promoting rebellion against any attack on our democracy by tyrants and/or dictators. I presume then that you support the abolishment of our democracy and the installation of a dictatorship. Maybe you;re in the wrong country?

And I see your views as being a firm and integral part of the Freemasonic establishment which seeks to keep us in the EU.
Realist you don't agree with many of our laws which you believe comes from the perceived "elite" you're anti-authoritarian, you want to see the government come down. Do you see a natural social order emerging from what we have now? You think we can function with no authority? If not how do you determine that authority is not an "elite"? Simple living, no organised government, isn't that your dream?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The British aren't prudish about swear words, only the middle classes.........As for nudity.......it's not prudishness but simply most Brits don't , possess the arrogance that some Europeans hav for imposing their ugly , gnarled wrinkly and unsightly nakedness on others.

It's not prudishness but a simple matter of aesthetics.

Ann's views on sexuality are stupid but they are not a Brexit related point of view.
You are so proud of the democracy taken from ancient greece. If ever there was a people that celebrated the beauty of the human body, it is the greek. Perhaps you feel more of a relation with the celts, who covered their bodies in mud and animal furs?

Of course Ann's state of mind is not brexit related. Just the other way round.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 01:25 AM

I've always thought her a venomous old bag and the speech hasn't changed my mind.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 10:09 AM

Realist you don't agree with many of our laws which you believe comes from the perceived "elite" you're anti-authoritarian
Really? Which laws don't I agree with then? Or is this simply more of your invented spiel to help support a weak argument?

you want to see the government come down.
I want to see democracy restored and the British Constitution restored. Couldn't give a flying fig which puppets front up the system. It could be Ant and Dec for all I care. Right now we have politicians acting unconstitutionally, running amok, serving themselves and their Common Purpose masters instead of serving the people.

Do you see a natural social order emerging from what we have now? You think we can function with no authority? If not how do you determine that authority is not an "elite"?
You determine that the authority is "elite" and corrupt when it tramples over the country's constitution and sells the country and its people down the river to a foreign power without giving the people any choice or vote in the matter.

The political system we currently have must change. Unquestionably. It can not continue. It is an outright nonsense and BrExit has raised awareness of that to millions of people. The Constitution must be restored, enshrined in law and anyone who ignores it must be put on trial.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by realist ->
really? Which laws don't i agree with then? Or is this simply more of your invented spiel to help support a weak argument?

I want to see democracy restored and the british constitution restored. Couldn't give a flying fig which puppets front up the system. It could be ant and dec for all i care. Right now we have politicians acting unconstitutionally, running amok, serving themselves and their common purpose masters instead of serving the people.

You determine that the authority is "elite" and corrupt when it tramples over the country's constitution and sells the country and its people down the river to a foreign power without giving the people any choice or vote in the matter.

The political system we currently have must change. Unquestionably. It can not continue. It is an outright nonsense and brexit has raised awareness of that to millions of people. The constitution must be restored, enshrined in law and anyone who ignores it must be put on trial.

I believe this is all very true, and that all of our current political parties are each as untrustworthy as the others.

The only party I now trust is the Brexit Party, not only because I want my vote in the referendum to be honoured, but that this party is the most likely to reinstate the democracy we once had.

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top