Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Re: Anne Widdecombe's Amazing Speech

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have no issues with Leaving.

As for Project Fear, it is a simple fact of life that a badly organised Brexit will hurt financially.
If even africans can grab the concept, why can't british? And don't bring up federalism, as even churchil said there was a part of sovereignty to pay as a price for free trading and peace.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-48899701
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If even africans can grab the concept, why can't british? And don't bring up federalism, as even churchil said there was a part of sovereignty to pay as a price for free trading and peace.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-48899701

"Even Africans" ..... ??????

That's racist implying people from Africa are stupid

Tut tut ...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The success or failure of Brexit depends on the skill and ability of our Politicians.
We've had it then!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You have in another thread said that you believe in anarchy.
No that's untrue.

I don't have the thread now
QED

but you have frequently admitted your anarchic leanings.
Untrue

You're not interested in conventional politics or democracy.
The current political system IS NOT democratic. It merely creates the illusion of choice and democracy to ignorant dumbed down people.

You have no vote whatsoever on any important issue that affects the country or its people. The referendum was the only example of such. Apart from that you can't vote for anything tangible at all.

In regards to anarchy, what I have said in other threads is that if teh ruling elite deny the will of the people by refusing to deliver a real BrExit then anarchy will be the likely end result.

This doesn't mean that I personally support anarchy, just that I have the common sense to see that anarchy is what will materialise out of wilfull suppression of the will of the people.

I do support a complete change to the political system. I think we should have a referendum system where we all get a vote on the key issues that affect the country and its people. I don't however believe the existing ruling elite will ever give us such a system. They want to remain in power on their lucrative gravy train.

People have the right to protest and if BrExit is denied us then millions should and I'm sure will, take to the streets and show their displeasure.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 12:59 PM

I thought this thread was about Auld Annies rant which gave Me the best laugh of the day when I saw/heard it,almost fell off My chair...Proof there's life in the old Gal still.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 01:08 PM

You have in another thread said that you believe in anarchy. I don't have the thread now but you have frequently admitted your anarchic leanings.
Thread: leavers and remainers: a call for unity?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Thread: leavers and remainers: a call for unity?
Ah yes. . . ! My comments in that thread:

"The UK's only course of action is to remove the EU operatives within government and put in their place true politicians who will dutifully represent the needs of the country and the wishes of its people.

That requires a revolution of some kind. "

and

"I would say that civil unrest is absolutely inevitable and will likely happen on an unprecedented scale all over the country simultaneously. There is no way at all that our police forces will be able to cope. "

and

"If our government held a General Election but refused to abide by the resulting vote, the nation would rightly descend into civil unrest"

and

"The referendum, advisory or not, comes with the same factors. If you choose to ignore the result, civil unrest will follow as night follows day."

and

"If we don't have a democracy, then mob rule is as good as any other system. "

I stand by all those comments. A "revolution" does not equate to anarchy. There are many kinds of revolution.

If democracy is ignored then however we personally feel about it, civil unrest will follow. Common sense. Understanding that is not support of anarchy no more than understanding what Jimmy Savile did is support of child abuse.

On the flip side of all that is the rather beligerent and laughable all sweeping comment by AnnieS that:

"Anyone pushing no deal is in my opinion pro anarchy"

You couldn't make it up really !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
No that's untrue.

QED

Untrue

The current political system IS NOT democratic. It merely creates the illusion of choice and democracy to ignorant dumbed down people.
Absolutely.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-07-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Ah yes. . . ! My comments in that thread:

"The UK's only course of action is to remove the EU operatives within government and put in their place true politicians who will dutifully represent the needs of the country and the wishes of its people.

That requires a revolution of some kind. "

and

"I would say that civil unrest is absolutely inevitable and will likely happen on an unprecedented scale all over the country simultaneously. There is no way at all that our police forces will be able to cope. "

and

"If our government held a General Election but refused to abide by the resulting vote, the nation would rightly descend into civil unrest"

and

"The referendum, advisory or not, comes with the same factors. If you choose to ignore the result, civil unrest will follow as night follows day."

and

"If we don't have a democracy, then mob rule is as good as any other system. "

I stand by all those comments. A "revolution" does not equate to anarchy. There are many kinds of revolution.

If democracy is ignored then however we personally feel about it, civil unrest will follow. Common sense. Understanding that is not support of anarchy no more than understanding what Jimmy Savile did is support of child abuse.

On the flip side of all that is the rather beligerent and laughable all sweeping comment by AnnieS that:

"Anyone pushing no deal is in my opinion pro anarchy"

You couldn't make it up really !
Yes, again I believe you are completely right. Time will tell.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-07-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Absolutely.
What happened to your yel: UK, the cradle of modern democracy! Gone up in (marihuana) smoke?

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top