Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 11:59 AM

Re: You can tell the year is going on,

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
My Gina was a world class autumn leaf scuffler much to the embarrasement of our two Grandaughters as they got older.
Ooh..I love scuffing through the leaves too ........ you feel the years roll away whilst doing it!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 12:05 PM

And me.
And if you go somewhere lovely like Westonbirt Arboretum after the frosts have coloured the maple etc leaves and made them fall it's extra-fantastic. It's lovely to see the piles of yellow, orange and red under the trees ... and so sad when the rain turns them to mush
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
And me.
And if you go somewhere lovely like Westonbirt Arboretum after the frosts have coloured the maple etc leaves and made them fall it's extra-fantastic. It's lovely to see the piles of yellow, orange and red under the trees ... and so sad when the rain turns them to mush
We've been to Westonbirt a few times during Autumn, the trees show off a stunning display. I was in my element one year as we took our granddaughter who had to collect tinted leaves for a school project......... the day knocked years off me!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Blackpool Illuminations switched on tonight
Oh dear
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Blackpool Illuminations switched on tonight
Oh dear
That is a sign that the year is going on Not been through the lights for years-last time I drove through and the car clutch snapped - swore I would never do it again-and I haven't.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 11:05 AM

I notice it's getting very chilly in the mornings.

Oh yes, . . there's a nip in the air, . as the American admiral said on 7th Dec 1941.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

09-09-2009, 02:57 PM

The Xmas puds and the Advent calendars went out on the shelves in Sainsbury's this week!

Also all the Halloween dressing up costumes etc.....
dinahsmum
SW England

09-09-2009, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The Xmas puds and the Advent calendars went out on the shelves in Sainsbury's this week!

Also all the Halloween dressing up costumes etc.....
Aaargh! I knew thare was a reason I try to avoid the shops!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I notice it's getting very chilly in the mornings.

Oh yes, . . there's a nip in the air, . as the American admiral said on 7th Dec 1941.

Groan !!!!!!! Love your sense of humor.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2009, 04:57 PM

I like looking at the leaves and shuffling thru them; draw the line at raking, however. I live on a tree-lined street and have a huge acer in the ront yard ....leaves galore!!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top