Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 03:38 AM

Re: Per 100000

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They mothballed the antibody test when they have found some people only retain antibodies for a couple of months.
OK. Thought it was due to them not being able to make it accurate enough and that it was felt that R&D into vaccinations would be a more fruitful line of enquiry. But I stand corrected.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
OK. Thought it was due to them not being able to make it accurate enough and that it was felt that R&D into vaccinations would be a more fruitful line of enquiry. But I stand corrected.
You might be right. I've not been keeping up with it since the news that the antibodies don't last. I think from memory that their main use is in gathering plasma from people who have recovered for Covid therapy.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Extrapolation is inferring from a sample though. Scaling up is just smoothing the data to make it comparable. Doesn't feel comfortable but how else can you compare?
Not exactly right about extrapolation....think you mean interpolation. But we're splitting hairs a little.

The trouble with "smoothing", as you describe, is also self evident as you clearly recognise, so I won't go into it if that's ok?

Not entirely convinced of the need to compare TBH. What is needed is a highly accurate Track and Trace process so that people can make real time informed choices.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top