Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:36 AM

Re: TV Ads

Thank you for all your humourous comments. You have made me laugh. I agree with you all, TV ADS are inclined to get on one's mammary appendages.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:01 AM

I also think the ads are aimed at the not too intelligent if you get my drift because it's like they are talking to those who need constant reminders , also the way words are said and pronounced I.e.

Wiv - with
Yea yes
What wot
Here ere
Tomorrow tomorra
Bath baf
Water warterr

Ill shut up now 😇
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I also think the ads are aimed at the not too intelligent if you get my drift because it's like they are talking to those who need constant reminders , also the way words are said and pronounced I.e.

Wiv - with
Yea yes
What wot
Here ere
Tomorrow tomorra
Bath baf
Water warterr

Ill shut up now 😇
I also agree...what makes me annoyed is the fast food commercials assume that we are all young consumers and talk like we "is hangin' wi' our mates, yeah? Just lookin' fo' some quick snax dahn at Mickey D's, yeah?"
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
The adverts also 'run on' each from the previous one, not even the slightest pause between them. No doubt someone realised that the time between them all added up and was '£x' amount of income lost, so that was changed. Also why does the volume on adverts have to increase from what was an acceptable level for the programme being viewed?

On the subject of varying volumes there is a cookery programme at the weekend, yes one of oh so many, on Sunday I recall, with Lisa Faulkner and John Torode. They are both in the kitchen, usually standing right next to each other and yet their voices are at different levels, one can hardly be heard while the other is quite acceptable. The same on an ITV chat programme with Jonathan Ross, his guests can all be heard but his voice is just a very low mumble all the time. Surely in this day and age something can be done about this?
Does Jonathan Ross not sound better that way?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Does Jonathan Ross not sound better that way?
Yes, probably, I hadn't thought of it that way. I am usually 'resting my eyes' on and off by that time so some of the programme is missed. The differing volume level is still annoying though.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:33 AM

Plus, of course, there are some ads that just plain irritate me by their claims.

These include "you can claim up to £5000, or more" on and old PPI ad.

You can own this electric car for as little as £199 per month (the small print hints at how - you need to put a deposit of over £15k down).

Some athlete says "I'm always looking for ways to help my water drinking regime", the ad being about a bottle of water.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:34 AM

I hardly watch the adverts as l record most programmes to watch at my leisure.

What fascinates me about adverts these days are the... permutations of humans.
There’s something for everyone!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 11:34 AM

There's a yoghurt one, and no matter who is eating it, they always get a blob on their nose! That has never happened to me in my entire yoghurt eating life....and then everyone around them giggles like a bunch of 5 year olds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I'm sick to death of commercial channels interrupting adverts by putting programs between them.

It's not as though it's possible to record stuff off catch-up and fast forward through things so I can get back onto the ads

The programmes really are annoying. What it needs is more diversity. I'm sick to death of seeing straight white couples with matching babies.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top