Join for free
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:47 PM

A Fine Romance

Nothing to do with the Judi Dench/Michael Williams TV series in the 80's!!

Reflecting on the nature of some of the posts on here of late amongst other things, I was reminded of an old school friend of mine who had a curious habit of creating a whole load of romanced stories and situations to ingratiate himself with others. Nothing harmful intended by him and he wasn't out to lure anyone for money or sex. But a liar and fabricator of reality he was, and he had a following of friends who happily resided in his imaginary bubble. I even fell for his whoppers at times until the penny dropped.

Naturally, he ended up having a career in the police

I've also fallen for some things that some posters on here have claimed. No names mentioned, for obvious reasons, but I and they know who they are, the little tinkers.

Their motives are what their motives are, be it for fun, a bit of leg pulling or even something more nefarious/egregious with self aggrandisement/hope of credibility in mind.

Have you ever been duped?

Have you ever deliberately duped?

(NB - please refrain from pointing fingers and naming names; don;t want to give the mods extra work and send the thread to the unwieldy galaxy too soon).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:49 PM

Re: A Fine Romance

Walter Mitty’s l call them!

Have l ever been duped? Probably, after their first bit of nonsense.
But... after that when you’ve realised they talk a load of tosh, they lose all credibility and you look at them in a sad way.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 12:54 PM

I keep telling everyone that I’m an international jewel thief…but no one believes me..
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I keep telling everyone that I’m an international jewel thief…but no one believes me..
It's the international part that is unbelievable. No one is traveling anymore!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
It's the international part that is unbelievable. No one is traveling anymore!
RN, I think what Baz really meant is, he’s an ‘International Playboy’ but is temporarily grounded at the moment!!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
RN, I think what Baz really meant is, he’s an ‘International Playboy’ but is temporarily grounded at the moment!!
Artie, you are onto something!! You may be right.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top