Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:46 PM

Re: Do you ever

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Have you watched Clarkson's Farm yet
I would love to but l don’t have the Amazon channel. Can l locate it elsewhere?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I would love to but l don’t have the Amazon channel. Can l locate it elsewhere?
Afraid not. I'd lend you my username and password, but this would mean you'd be able to buy all manner of things at my expense from Amazon
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 12:50 AM

I think pauline's style of creating a thread is beginning to rub off on me (no offence pauline), but...

Do you ever deliberately avoid threads to give others a chance to converse without yourself butting in?

Edit - Just in case ayone is thinking of bothering to read through this thread, I'm adding this edit after the first 30 mins of it running and advising you that it's going nowhere in particular and can easily be considered as friendly and unwieldy. Not really worth the effort of making sense of it, 'cos it hasn't so far and probably won't
Why, yes I do! If others are engaged, I simply stay silent.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 01:17 AM

I avoid many threads. Simply because it is a UK centric forum. There are many things, people, isuues etc that i dont know enough about to comment. So that is fine. Just good manners i think. Although is pisses me off no end that there are a couple of people, one mostly, that although they k now less than zero about my country, they shove their "opinion" about it in non stop and But yes apart from that, i self censor quite often.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I avoid many threads. Simply because it is a UK centric forum. There are many things, people, isuues etc that i dont know enough about to comment. So that is fine. Just good manners i think. Although is pisses me off no end that there are a couple of people, one mostly, that although they k now less than zero about my country, they shove their "opinion" about it in non stop and But yes apart from that, i self censor quite often.
Keezoy, my sole knowledge of your country is based on watching Neighbours in the mid 1990s, Aussie Gold Hunters and a couple of Grand Designs. If you can base our relationship on that broad knowledge base, then there's hope yet
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Ditto! A lot of threads and topics I just don’t understand. The politics threads bore me to tears and the ‘bitching about the neighbours, the kids, the price of gas … gets somewhat depressing but my biggest reason for not creating many threads is , I’m too lazy. If I create threads then I have to respond to questions etc., and that would take too much commitment.

Haha. I sound ultra lazy.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 03:01 AM

I normally just like adding pictures of stuff I’m doing but I don’t actually have a computer so adding them in full size entails creating a photo storing account.
I’ve got all kinds of excuses for not sharing.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:22 AM

Keezoy, my sole knowledge of your country is based on watching Neighbours in the mid 1990s, Aussie Gold Hunters and a couple of Grand Designs. If you can base our relationship on that broad knowledge base, then there's hope yet

Well mate that is all good. But if you ever feel like learning more I am more than happy to help with that. Anything you want to know just ask. Quickly though Australia is extremely different to what most British and Europeans think it is. The media and tourist organisations give foreigners what they want to see. Beaches, BBQs, The Opera House and Harbour Bridge, The Barrier Reef (While it's still there) kangaroos, Uluru, impossibly gorgeous young people in swimsuits and AFL players in tight shorts. THat's fine too. THats why people are soo shocked when they come here and find out that there is a lot more to it than that. I should post an album of some less well known things.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:36 AM

" There are many things, people, isuues etc that i dont know enough about to comment. "

That's never stopped me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:37 AM

Do you ever deliberately avoid threads
Frequently!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top