Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 05:40 AM

Re: Do you ever

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well mate that is all good. But if you ever feel like learning more I am more than happy to help with that. Anything you want to know just ask. Quickly though Australia is extremely different to what most British and Europeans think it is. The media and tourist organisations give foreigners what they want to see. Beaches, BBQs, The Opera House and Harbour Bridge, The Barrier Reef (While it's still there) kangaroos, Uluru, impossibly gorgeous young people in swimsuits and AFL players in tight shorts. THat's fine too. THats why people are soo shocked when they come here and find out that there is a lot more to it than that. I should post an album of some less well known things.
The brother loved Australia - spent two tours of duty there when in the RN - always said he would like to live there.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes - good news. He's been told he can come home tomorrow. Thanks for asking.
That’s a great turn of events Carol.
How’s the crop of potatoes coming along?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:03 AM

I avoid many threads. Simply because it is a UK centric forum. There are many things, people, isuues etc that i dont know enough about to comment. So that is fine. Just good manners i think. Although is pisses me off no end that there are a couple of people, one mostly, that although they k now less than zero about my country, they shove their "opinion" about it in non stop and But yes apart from that, i self censor quite often.
Whatever he said
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:05 AM

Yes....I would be here all day if I didnt.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=Dextrous63;2128390]I think pauline's style of creating a thread is beginning to rub off on me (no offence pauline), but...

Do you ever deliberately avoid threads to give others a chance to converse without yourself butting in?

Not really as I don’t see it as butting in,....we all see things differently though don’t we.

I hang out mainly in general, you don’t often see me anywhere else on the forum....apart from.

Gardening.

Health.

Home and diy.

Cooking that’s all...

Politics forget that, ain’t in the least bit interested.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The brother loved Australia - spent two tours of duty there when in the RN - always said he would like to live there.
I would have liked to live there, but, it always seemed so far from Home.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:51 AM

Ah....the penny has just dropped.....yes I see what you mean.

Note to self...don’t create a thread when a few have already been started by other members....

Let their thread at least have a chance of survival 😂🤣😅...

I will do that in future Dex....thanks for pointing it out...👍

Noted and fully understood,
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Ah....the penny has just dropped.....yes I see what you mean.

Note to self...don’t create a thread when a few have already been started by other members....

Let their thread at least have a chance of survival 😂🤣😅...

I will do that in future Dex....thanks for pointing it out...👍

Noted and fully understood,
It really wasn't a hint to you pauline. It was the type of question and the style in which it was presented which seemed to have rubbed off on me and I was overcome with a complete urge to start the thread. I actually wrote the question first and then recognised how it seemed to emulate your style, and added the first line afterwards.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

17-07-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It really wasn't a hint to you pauline. It was the type of question and the style in which it was presented which seemed to have rubbed off on me and I was overcome with a complete urge to start the thread. I actually wrote the question first and then recognised how it seemed to emulate your style, and added the first line afterwards.

My style is all over the place..

Here there and everywhere...

I need to slow down ,I had palpitations last night...

To be honest I’m so glad you pointed it out, I never took it personally......

I can get too full on...recognised it through your post, so all is good Dex,
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

17-07-2021, 10:33 AM

I avoid many threads. Simply because it is a UK centric forum. There are many things, people, isuues etc that i dont know enough about to comment. So that is fine. Just good manners i think. Although is pisses me off no end that there are a couple of people, one mostly, that although they k now less than zero about my country, they shove their "opinion" about it in non stop and But yes apart from that, i self censor quite often.
Hi keezoy. I first went to Austrialia with the RN on a Far East trip. Our ship docked at Bunbury, Geelong, Sydney and Cairns. We were so warmly welcomed everywhere we went, and they gave us the time of our lives.

I went back in 1988 (the Bicentenary year) and stayed until 2002. Lived in various suburbs of Sydney. I had a sign-writing biz for ten years. Got married, bought a house and had a daughter.

What a wonderful place Australia is, and such lovely people.

I hope you contribute more, keezoy. Perhaps you could compare some of the issues being discussed here with corresponding issues in Aussie. Good on yer, mate!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top