Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Re: Your favourite outfits of all time.

Made this outfit to attend a function at Harewood House - dress was plain Cyclamen pink linen and the coat was grey/pink Prince of Wales check lined with Cyclamen pink satin. I was wearing a hat - I promise - I made it from the same fabric as the dress, trimmed with fabric from the coat - one of those 'pillbox' types that sat on the back of my head.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:14 PM

Lovely Tabs! Very elegant.

My favourite was a long black satin halterneck with sequined cherries at the front (cleavage area) I had no posh clothes to go dancing so I made it myself.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's not about the outfit but more about how well you fitted it, it is difficult walking with a drainpipe on each leg.
A bit like leggings.

I am fortunate, its back to Off the peg nowadays.
Only when they are dry.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
A dress and coat that I made to attend a friend's wedding. Pale yellow lace with navy accessories.

Made this outfit to attend a function at Harewood House - dress was plain Cyclamen pink linen and the coat was grey/pink Prince of Wales check lined with Cyclamen pink satin. I was wearing a hat - I promise - I made it from the same fabric as the dress, trimmed with fabric from the coat - one of those 'pillbox' types that sat on the back of my head.

Lovely Tabs and as Tess says, very elegant! I was looking at the sleeves in the 2nd picture... the dress I first married in had 'bell' sleeves like yours. Was it the 70s era?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:31 PM

This is a beautiful dress - that I would love to have owned. My lovely Auntie Chriss's wedding dress.

Beautiful Tabby.

A dress and coat that I made to attend a friend's wedding. Pale yellow lace with navy accessories.

Looks rather Royal to me Tabby.
Very posh.

Lovely photos Tabby.
All your favourites.

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Lovely Tabs! Very elegant.

My favourite was a long black satin a halterneck with sequined cherries at the front (cleavage area) I had no posh clothes to go dancing so I made it myself.
I used to make a lot of mine.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:31 PM

And there are no Crows about.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-04-2019, 10:32 PM

And there are no Crows about.
Crow's feet?

Got any pics Spitty?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:35 PM

That is a "Fitting" response.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-04-2019, 10:50 PM

That is a "Fitting" response.
Depends which side you dress.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Lovely Tabs and as Tess says, very elegant! I was looking at the sleeves in the 2nd picture... the dress I first married in had 'bell' sleeves like yours. Was it the 70s era?
It was June 1980, Pesta, and I loved that outfit - and it felt good to wear - took me to a lot of 'formal' do's. Eventually passed it on to a cousin.

The yellow lace was from July 1970. Was a pain to sew and, as it was cotton lace, it shrank the first time I washed it - so it was not a great success!!

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top