Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 06:31 PM

Re: Allocated car space.

I'm getting confused Pauline, where do you park your car if someone else is parking in your space?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think you would have to see what the deeds to the property say - assuming it is a privately owned property and the person who owns the property has put the gazebo on their allocated parking space. They may or may not be able to do it depending on what the deeds say (or lease if rented property). There could possibly be a covenant on the parking spaces stipulating that they can only be used for parking cars. I would not be surprised if there was some restriction of use because if there wasn't then I imagine some people would want to erect a garage on their car parking plot. If it was a wooden structure then it could be argued that any garage was a temporary structure and not subject to planning consents. The argument could also be made that the gazebo is only going to be a seasonal, temporary, thing and if there is nothing clearly written in the deeds to the property preventing the erection of a structure, then I suppose they can do it. It will all depend on what the deeds say IMO. However, if they take somebody else's parking spot to park in because they have used their own for a gazebo, then I would definitely be annoyed and look to do something legal about it. Good luck Pauline.
I would agree that it's something to look at legally in the deeds. These things are always pretty clear. Any change of use has to be made through the same legal channels and the deeds changed. In fact if you allow someone to do their own thing then they can acquire possession purely because it's not challenged. So if your neighbour builds a fence on your land and you don't challenge that legally then it becomes their land after a reasonable period of time.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
She might, but as I said earlier, she’ll soon get sick of having to repair her car, even relatively minor scratches can be costly to fix.. assuming of course she’s not driving an old banger

She is driving an old banger,can you see it in the pic I posted?

It's covered in dents and scratches,!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm getting confused Pauline, where do you park your car if someone else is parking in your space?
Hi Mags,I have 2 parking spaces,the other space was part of my garden,I opened it up ,so I had 2car spaces,one for me one for my son,and my friend visits a lot,..the second space is like a shingle drive,so I park there if you other one is taken,which is Tarmac ,..I have just got another car,....the point is,no one should park there,it is my land.plus I have a no parking sign up,it doesn't happen everyday,but that isn't the point
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi Mags,I have 2 parking spaces,the other space was part of my garden,I opened it up ,so I had 2car spaces,one for me one for my son,and my friend visits a lot,..the second space is like a shingle drive,so I park there if you other one is taken,which is Tarmac ,..I have just got another car,....the point is,no one should park there,it is my land.
How about charging them for the use of your space then
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 06:46 PM

How about charging them for the use of your space then

I don't know who they are,they just park randomly,usually at night,they probably visit the pub,I've looked on cctv,with playback,but it's to dark to see them,plus it's different cars.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

22-04-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->

I don't know who they are,they just park randomly,usually at night,they probably visit the pub,I've looked on cctv,with playback,but it's to dark to see them,plus it's different cars.
Could you leave a note on their windscreen saying it's a private car park and their car number has been taken and will be reported if it happens again.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I would agree that it's something to look at legally in the deeds. These things are always pretty clear. Any change of use has to be made through the same legal channels and the deeds changed. In fact if you allow someone to do their own thing then they can acquire possession purely because it's not challenged. So if your neighbour builds a fence on your land and you don't challenge that legally then it becomes their land after a reasonable period of time.

Good advice,Annie,..it's only my space,they can't park anywhere else in the car park,as its access land,..I went to a solicitor regarding this.so no problems there.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-04-2019, 06:53 PM

Could you leave a note on their windscreen saying it's a private car park and their car number has been taken and will be reported if it happens again.
I have done that in the past,they throw the note on the floor,..I will first of all,put my number on the Tarmac,see what happens,that failing,I will get bollards put up.

I reported it to the police,Mags,they won't get involved,they say it's a civil matter.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

22-04-2019, 07:00 PM

Is there a sign up anywhere saying it is a private car park, residents only, Pauline?

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top