Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 11:02 AM

Re: Christmas Cards.

Size matters, then…But not to me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 11:15 AM

I must say that the quality of cards this year seemed poor but I was still able to get large(r) ones. I always send a 5 by 7 photo which is a collage of my family taken over the year so the cards have to be at least that size.

I was disappointed with the selection this year, hard to get appropriate ones ie suitable for summer and without religious symbols.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 11:20 AM

I agree that some cards aren't that nice, big or small, some are so bad I don't know why people bother sending them at all - or is there a hidden meaning?!

If I wasn't going to send a nice one, I wouldn't bother sending one at all! Charity? I do enough for charities throughout the year so no collections for me, I'll continue with the cards!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 12:25 PM

It's not the size of cards I notice, but the difficulty in finding religious cards. It's quite a search to find them nowadays - sign of the times of course, when many children don't even know who Jesus is. I rarely receive a card with a religious theme unless it's some cartoonish depiction of the Nativity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
It's not the size of cards I notice, but the difficulty in finding religious cards. It's quite a search to find them nowadays - sign of the times of course, when many children don't even know who Jesus is. I rarely receive a card with a religious theme unless it's some cartoonish depiction of the Nativity.
That could be a number of reasons, they are not as easy to find now as you say but I tend to stay away from them unless I know the person I am giving them to appreciates them as I do. I send to people of many faiths and none and some see a religious card as a bit provocative so best not to risk upsetting people I think.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
There are just not the Saturnalia cards like there used to be:

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 01:03 PM

I buy mine from Tescos every year they are charity cards and the cards have beautiful winter Christmassy scenes. This year they have 2 packs of 10 for £2.50 now you can't knock that price .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2014, 04:09 PM

I send cards but every year I wonder why I send some. People I have not seen for over 30+ years and probably will never see again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top