Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 06:51 PM

Re: Being nosey .....

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have a few bad habits Patsy but nosey aint one of them I’m afraid, the wife and her Sisters make up for my lack of enthusiasm in what people do around where I live, and what's more they seem to thrive on it.
I don’t want to start a war but I think nosey is more of a female thing.

Now that's what I was wondering Jem, its 3 female 'not' and 2 men 'not' - so you're losing this one, at present
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 06:56 PM

My friend at work is always telling me I annoy her because I don't ask, or find out, all the questions she wants to know about people. I'm not remotely interested in delving into people's personal details - if they want me to know then they'll tell me. But she says she's too nosey not to ask! She admits she is one nosey besom
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
Now that's what I was wondering Jem, its 3 female 'not' and 2 men 'not' - so you're losing this one, at present
It's early days yet Patsy, I just know that all the honest nosey female members will want to testify later on.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
...if I see something a little odd, I try and make a mental note of what I've seen...
I'm gonna tell you a story...

I live in the country, and the house can be difficult to find. Especially by companies such as UPS that deliver here now and again. Normally, what they will do is call me 30 minutes or so before they arrive, and if they get lost, I will "pilot" them here. Normally, I will also go to the end of my drive.

One day, they called, and I did just that. A UPS van came, I waved, but he drove straight past. A few minutes later, the same van returned, I put my hand up again, but he still drove past.

Maybe 5 minutes later, a different van came, and stopped. I mentioned what had happened to the driver. He told me that he was the only one in my area on that day...Does that sound suspicious?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
I'm gonna tell you a story...

I live in the country, and the house can be difficult to find. Especially by companies such as UPS that deliver here now and again. Normally, what they will do is call me 30 minutes or so before they arrive, and if they get lost, I will "pilot" them here. Normally, I will also go to the end of my drive.

One day, they called, and I did just that. A UPS van came, I waved, but he drove straight past. A few minutes later, the same van returned, I put my hand up again, but he still drove past.

Maybe 5 minutes later, a different van came, and stopped. I mentioned what had happened to the driver. He told me that he was the only one in my area on that day...Does that sound suspicious?

God yes - so many scams now and I know there are courier scams too
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fender Bender ->
I dont consider myself nosey, but I am observant. Too much so sometimes, as it can cause problems.

My Dad always used to say that FB. When Mum used to tell him off for nosing out the windows, he used to say he wasn't being nosey - just observant.

He also never 'nodded off' in the chair - he was always just 'resting his eyes'.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2014, 11:33 PM

No I am not nosey unlike my neighbour who knows everything about everybody .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 09:28 AM

I don't think I am nosey but I do know a lot about people round here, they keep telling me things. I don't ask or want to know the latest but I can't seem to get away it seems rude to not listen to them. Result is I know where all the bodies are buried and who is having an affair with who ! Even at the bus stop absolute strangers tell me all sorts of stuff, leaves me baffled why they think I need to know !!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 09:36 AM

I don't even know what that is 'nosey'. Well, it doesn't seem to be in the dictionary. Is it multiple noses or just a huge single thing sticking out from your face? Please let me know. I'm dying to find out.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-12-2014, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think I am nosey but I do know a lot about people round here, they keep telling me things. I don't ask or want to know the latest but I can't seem to get away it seems rude to not listen to them. Result is I know where all the bodies are buried and who is having an affair with who ! Even at the bus stop absolute strangers tell me all sorts of stuff, leaves me baffled why they think I need to know !!
I guess they cant help themselves

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top