Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 03:02 AM

Olde english history

For anyone interested in history of England, at the time of Arch-Bishop Thomas Beckett,
I strong recommend Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth".

Good solid writing and fascinating characters in this historical novel.
The primary story, with many interwoven stories, is about two strong willed women and their quest for justice. I found the novel to be entirely captivating and believable (unlike some of Follett's later writings).

This one is a real page turner, guaranteed to keep you up late at night.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 03:24 AM

Re: Olde english history

I too enjoyed this book very much.
Reminded me of the Edward Rutherfurd style of historical dramas based on actual events.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:37 AM

I like Ken Follett's work - 'Pillars of the Earth' is brilliant as are the sequels 'World with End' and 'A Column of Fire'.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2017, 08:50 AM

I'll look for that one bakerman, I love a good historical read, thanks

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top