Join for free
Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 08:53 PM

Re: Here Comes Boris' Deal

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps I can clarify.

A trade deal is perfectly possible, in fact almost certain, after we have left the EU completely.

It stands to reason that the EU will not give an inch while they know that they have fifth columnists in this country fighting their corner.

Once we are out, they will be clamouring to agree free trade deals with us, and their large exporters - German cars, French wine and cheese, for example - will guarantee that.
How can we convince the denialists JBR! They have something
lacking in their make up!
How will Nigel force them to jump if he fails to secure a sufficient
majority? and we stay stuck in limbo?
I also thought we could do it, but looking and listening to the
mutterings in the asylum l am not so sure now?

Regards bDonkeyman!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Edinburgh Court of Session have thrown out the latest attempt to derail Brexit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50088993
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
How can we convince the denialists JBR! They have something
lacking in their make up!
How will Nigel force them to jump if he fails to secure a sufficient
majority? and we stay stuck in limbo?
I also thought we could do it, but looking and listening to the
mutterings in the asylum l am not so sure now?
Quite simply, it is up to us - the majority.

I believe that the proportion of voters who still want us to leave the EU properly is still in the majority, probably even higher than it was in 2016.

If the majority really want us to leave the EU when the next general election comes along, they will vote for the party most likely to honour their wishes.

Clearly, that is not going to be the Limp Dems, the Greenies or the Loony Party. Their choice will be between the Conservatives and the Brexit Party.

Which people vote for will depend on two things:

Firstly, whichever seems to be most convincing re. Brexit when the time comes.

Secondly, it will depend on the constituency. In many Northern areas it will be the Brexit Party, because those people would never vote Conservative on principle! In other areas it would likely be the Conservatives, depending on what Boris does from now on. The big question is, can he be trusted now?

The future of this country is in our hands.
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Jo Swinson talks absolute shit. Such an annoying person who seems to get great satisfaction out of delivering character assassinations.

She hadn't had time to read the text, before condemning it.

Just another Scot ganging together. She hasn't even got any qualifications of any worth apart from a might mouth.
What is that you said about us Scots ?? 😆😎
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 10:34 PM

A Might Mouth has served many well, not that that attitude needs condoning.
Caprikid
New Member!
United Kingdom
Caprikid is male 

18-10-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Great! You are getting stronger on the largesse of the people of England.

I look forward to the next Scottish Independence referendum and hope that the English will also be invited to vote in it.

If you really want your independence from the UK, you should be pushing for an English vote too, as that would guarantee your independence.
Now that's nasty !! I am a Scot and I voted yes because I believed all the hype that the SMP were putting about at the time.

Now I am undecided about being independent, but one thing I am sure about is there should never be another Scottish referendum.

The voting has been done and the result was NO so that's should be the end of the matter, it's the same with Brexit there should be no second referendum just because all the retainers didn't like the first result .
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

18-10-2019, 10:51 PM

And all the complications are caused by remainers reluctance
to pursue a deal in a proper manner GF!
they have insisted we negotiated by throwing away all our natural
advantages, and fight our corner with both hands tied behind our
backs by removing no deal from the table, (our best weapon) how
stupid is that???
Maybe you noticed how eu made concessions just now, simply
because exit day is approaching! And the nearer it approaches the
more likely it is they will make more, but you lot are not looking up
to the job to me??
It is a national disgrace what has been taking place in this
country, (we cant call it a nation) anymore!!

Donkeyman!
As per usual it's everyone else's fault apart from the shambolic brexiteers who have demonstrated time and again that they are incapable of achieving anything except more chaos. Even when a deal seems like it's on it's way, along come a squadron of uber-brexiteers to torpedo it in favour of something more to their liking.
Isn't a Country the same as a Nation? Although it might be a smaller one after N.I. is hived off thanks to Boris's deal, to be followed later by Scotland.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:02 PM

Yes l agree with all of that Juddy, but is it doable without going
through another six months of the present bullshit?
I have posted my views elsewhere on the forum asking for some
clarifications on the truths of the so called deal and maybe l can
get better informed?
Thanks for the brexit party communicate, but l am losing faith in
them also as they dont seem to have established any physical
local offices yet and the people l have contacted, some of them
asked me for info, so it seems they are only virtual at the moment?

Regards Donkeyman!
It's very simple donks. If you were against theresa may's deal, you must be against boris' deal. It is the same deal. Difference is the backstop. There is no backstop in boris' deal for the simple reason the EU sees no need for it. The deal as boris offers has a backstop situation from the onset.
If you take the deal boris got, you give the EU the upperhand for the future trade negotiations.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Caprikid ->
Now that's nasty !! I am a Scot and I voted yes because I believed all the hype that the SMP were putting about at the time.

Now I am undecided about being independent, but one thing I am sure about is there should never be another Scottish referendum.

The voting has been done and the result was NO so that's should be the end of the matter, it's the same with Brexit there should be no second referendum just because all the retainers didn't like the first result .
I agree.

I'm afraid I'm just feeling sick and tired of all the SNP whingeing and especially that pudding-face bloke who keeps standing up in the Commons.

In truth, I think that the majority of Scots don't want independence from the UK. I have relatives in Scotland but, to be honest, I'm not sure on which side of the divide they sit.

As for the Barnett Formula, I have no objection just as long as a similar system is to be put in place for the North of England as well!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-10-2019, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
As per usual it's everyone else's fault apart from the shambolic brexiteers who have demonstrated time and again that they are incapable of achieving anything except more chaos. Even when a deal seems like it's on it's way, along come a squadron of uber-brexiteers to torpedo it in favour of something more to their liking.
Isn't a Country the same as a Nation? Although it might be a smaller one after N.I. is hived off thanks to Boris's deal, to be followed later by Scotland.
Really?

I'd say that the fault lies fairly and squarely with those who refuse to accept a majority decision: the self-serving anti-democrats.

Page 11 of 22 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top