Join for free
Page 11 of 27 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 07:43 PM

Re: 39 people found dead in lorry

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
It's being reported that at least 3 off the victims are from Vietnam. The parents of one 26 year old girl had received a call from her saying she couldn't breathe and was going to die. The family had paid £30,000 ffor her to be smuggled. Bizarrely it is also being reported that the smugglers have returned the money.
if the family paid 30 grand to have her smuggled they need to apportion some of the blame on them too. Smuggling is a crime, whether they thought they were acting in the interests of the family member or not.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 07:43 PM

Just how bad must it be for a young woman to feel the need to emigrate at great risk and expense?

I know that most people on here are pretty hard line about wanting to enforce a stronger UK immigration policy, which is fair enough.

But, as parents, how many of you aren't sharing a tear at the horror of what someone's daughter has gone through? I know I am.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Just how bad must it be for a young woman to feel the need to emigrate at great risk and expense?

I know that most people on here are pretty hard line about wanting to enforce a stronger UK immigration policy, which is fair enough.

But, as parents, how many of you aren't sharing a tear at the horror of what someone's daughter has gone through? I know I am.
I imagine every parent is sickened, saddened and shocked at this dreadful event. Anyone who isn't must have a hard heart but trafficking is against the law for a reason. It can't continue or more people are going to die.

These traffickers have to be caught and harsh sentences imposed.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 08:08 PM

Not me for one.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not me for one.
Nor me.

Now I expect to be accused of being hard.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:18 PM

More of the sordid story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oze-death.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:37 PM

I really don’t understand anything .

According to this article in The Guardian one of these young Vietnamese girls had already been returned on to France .

Why oh why do they want to come to the UK?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lorry-tragedy
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

According to this article in The Guardian one of these young Vietnamese girls had already been returned on to France .

Free housing and subsistence, free healthcare and education, lack of police and legal punishments provides freedom to break the law.

Just for starters.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 10:37 PM

Not me. They brought it on themselves and I couldn't give a toss
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lorry-tragedy
Our stupidly over generous Benefits systems and the huge black market over here.

Page 11 of 27 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top