Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 08:51 AM

Re: From scratch

[QUOTE=Besoeker;1813762]
Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Who said it was hard??
My method of measurement is the same as yours. SI.
You do know what SI is, don't you?
An example:

I don't need to know what SI is..your civil engineering isn't needed in weighing out ingredients....but if it impresses your wife...then fine by me....it certainly doesn't impress me.......I measure in grams and kg...yes SI is the same,as you say...but most recipe are printed in grams....I don't need to measure /weigh,my flour in litre,then convert it into grams...what a waste of time.

Why would I need to know what SI is....?...I was taught imperial at school....then I went on and used grams and kg...measuring ingredients in cookery,is.
Easy peasy......a child can do it.

I don't even need to see how much my ingredients weigh,when I buy from the shops..just by feeling the weight,I can tell if I have enough...that is what comes from cooking for yrs....the only time I check weight,is on the scales,following a recipe,when I bake cakes,pastries ..even then...not always....never weigh short crust pastry...

Why don't you tell me what "you" can cook from scratch.....not your wife,.........just you?

As you were such an excellent engineer......you must be a great cook?......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 09:51 AM

Today...I will be making a apple frangipani tart..with a sweet pastry,made from scratch.

Plus frangipani mince pies,with sweet pastry,made in muffin tins...homemade mincemeat .with lemons,brandy,etc,etc.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 05:30 PM

.I don't need to measure /weigh,my flour in litre,then convert it into grams...what a waste of time.
Nobody would. Volume and weight are two different measures.
Don't you understand that?

And yes, I am civil and an engineer. But I am not a civil engineer. Power electronics is my field.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Nobody would. Volume and weight are two different measures.
Don't you understand that?

And yes, I am civil and an engineer. But I am not a civil engineer. Power electronics is my field.
This thread is about...

Cooking from scratch.

What do you cook from scratch?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 06:32 PM

This thread is about...

Cooking from scratch.
Then don't muddle it up with things you don't understand.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 06:38 PM

I just love cooking. I still cook too much, it’s hard to cook for one when you’ve always cooked for seven, plus my children’s friends.
I cook all my meals from scratch. I love making cakes too. Recently, l made this almond and cherry cake, it was so, so nice.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	9D7DAB41-1B16-461C-8C31-5F7264876D4C.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	11030  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I just love cooking. I still cook too much, it’s hard to cook for one when you’ve always cooked for seven, plus my children’s friends.
I cook all my meals from scratch. I love making cakes too. Recently, l made this almond and cherry cake, it was so, so nice.
Looks lovely Art cherry and almond is one of my favourites
I make cherry and almond buns for the children, they can handle them better than slices of cake .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-11-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Then don't muddle it up with things you don't understand.

It seems you don't understand how to cook.

I'm still waiting for an answer..about cooking from scratch.

It looks like you don't,...your wife does it all...you just convert the measurement for her......
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

09-11-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Looks lovely,Art...I've got a apple frangipani cooking..I will freeze it...as far to much for me...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

09-11-2019, 07:50 PM

It seems you don't understand how to cook.

I'm still waiting for an answer..about cooking from scratch.

It looks like you don't,...your wife does it all...you just convert the measurement for her......
True.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top