Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 10:42 AM

Re: ‘Dirty John’

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I watched the first episode but the protagonist is not smoking hot enough to make it realistic. Plus there is no way that any normal woman would see him again after the weird bed thing....
Annie, Not realistic? Even though it was based on a true story?
You wouldn’t think that an intelligent, normal woman would hand her savings over to a man that she had been charmed by? Yet many do!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, l have watched it all now. I thought it was good but scarily menacing at times.
I’m glad you decided to give it a chance. I had the subtitles on as l have trouble with accents.
We have the subtitles on all the time anyway just in case. It was the collective helium sounds I couldn't cope with. If I'm honest, I thought the lead actress, Connie Britton was terrible and unconvincing (What was that walk all about?) and the daughter not much better but Eric Banner was brilliant and made up for it.

Try 'YOU', you will love it and end up having confusing thoughts about the baddie.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We have the subtitles on all the time anyway just in case. It was the collective helium sounds I couldn't cope with. If I'm honest, I thought the lead actress, Connie Britton was terrible and unconvincing (What was that walk all about?) and the daughter not much better but Eric Banner was brilliant and made up for it.

Try 'YOU', you will love it and end up having confusing thoughts about the baddie.
I agree, Eric Banna was brilliant in this. To think, he is also a Comedian! What a versatile man he is!

Connie Britton, had great hair and the most beautiful figure but she did drawl a bit.

It was the daughter Ronnie’s walk that made me laugh, like she was on the catwalk!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 12:29 PM

Annie, Not realistic? Even though it was based on a true story?
You wouldn’t think that an intelligent, normal woman would hand her savings over to a man that she had been charmed by? Yet many do!
I meant that the adaptation is not realistic. Of course this sort of horrible thing happens all the time. To men too. But the chemistry doesn't come across in the show.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2019, 08:38 PM

I take it back Art. I went back to this after watching the Last Kingdom and it's pretty good. What a creep and to think it's a true story.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I take it back Art. I went back to this after watching the Last Kingdom and it's pretty good. What a creep and to think it's a true story.
Wow! Thanks, Annie. Can you see now, why l couldn’t stop watching?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

23-02-2019, 09:54 PM

Wow! Thanks, Annie. Can you see now, why l couldn’t stop watching?
Yes definitely! I am just on the last episode. Wow! what an ending! Thanks for encouraging us with this thread

I will have to read about the true story now as I didn't want any spoilers.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top