Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 11:53 AM

You May Be 'Older'. But Are You Wiser?

Older but Wiser is a sort of general saying.
Do you believe this to be true or not?
Do you feel any wiser than what you did in your younger days, or is the saying just a myth?
For myself I do feel somewhat wiser than I did in my youth, and I hope I have learned from the many mistakes I made along life's long and bumpy highroad.
However, I would be very interested to hear other members views in respect of this.
Thank you in anticipation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Re: You May Be 'Older'. But Are You Wiser?

I am certainly wiser in practical things like don't drill a wall without checking or don't use a rotten scaffold board to get to the other side of a pond but emotionally, I am none the wiser.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:36 PM

If I knew then what I know now I would probably still made half my life mistakes still. 😁
However I do think I'm a little bit wiser and trying hard not to make any more mistakes.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:43 PM

Yes def'...I know everything about everything now
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 01:06 PM

A hope I am a little wiser, but still a long way to go.
I will probably always make mistakes here and there.

Trouble is, even though we may learn from past mistakes, new circumstances and predicaments will always arrive, so giving us the opportunity to make new mistakes.

We will never know it all.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 01:17 PM

In some ways a little wiser, but essentially still the dumass I have always been. I seem to have a neon light attached to my head saying "Here's Dumass"
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
In some ways a little wiser, but essentially still the dumass I have always been. I seem to have a neon light attached to my head saying "Here's Dumass"
😀😀😀 I know exactly what you mean. Me too 😀
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 01:30 PM

I am certainly wiser, now I am older, but isn't that because we have the capacity to learn all of our lives? The problem often is that we don't want to believe what we know! eg.....

If you could live your life again, would you reject that beautiful girlfriend ( that dumped you and broke your heart), or would you hope you now knew how to make her love you?

Being wiser can only help in some aspects of life!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 01:42 PM

I am not wiser if fact I grow more stupid with every passing year.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am not wiser if fact I grow more stupid with every passing year.
Well at least you have obviously learned it is wise to be honest as you have gotten older Muddy!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top