Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:18 AM

Re: Flaming August

Artangel. I too prefer our cooler climate, though I can do without the cooler wind and rain were having just now. Oddly perhaps I find taking a hot shower more cooling than a cold shower. Body temp as a posed to ambient temp I suppose.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I think quite the opposite Artangel. If I get cold it takes forever to get warm again. At least if I'm too hot (which is every day right now) I can go in the pool for a quick cool down, put the air con on, or sit under a fan. Even better I can go down to the boulevard, all shops are air conditioned and outside there are "misters" all over the place that blow out cool mist whilst you are walking outside. They even turned the "misters" to snow one day, that was fun, it was so funny watching everyone looking up and wondering how it could snow on a hot sunny day.
clumsy, l suppose it's different strokes for different folks!
The other reason, l would hate too much sun and heat is because l have seen what it has done to my sister's face! Since living in Spain, her face has become quite wrinkled!
I'd rather be cooler, have my white face with hardly any wrinkles!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Arghh
No give me the sun wrinkles and all !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Not wrinkles I have a fear of, but in excessive heat I struggle to breathe. In the sort of temperatures they tell us are prevalent in the southern parts of Europe I would very quickly end up in hospital.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:55 PM

If it gets much colder, i may contemplate donning my string vest.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Please Nom you know how it affects some of our members
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
clumsy, l suppose it's different strokes for different folks!
The other reason, l would hate too much sun and heat is because l have seen what it has done to my sister's face! Since living in Spain, her face has become quite wrinkled!
I'd rather be cooler, have my white face with hardly any wrinkles!
We do see a lot of "leather look" skins, fortunately I am not one of them. I don't sunbathe at all, I use factor 50 sun cream, my exposed parts, face, arms bottoms of legs are brown, but it's just from being out and about. I'm never seen without good sunglasses, winter or summer, but I have had one small skin tumour removed from underneath my eye and have another one in more or less the same place that is receiving medical attention at the present time. Most likely from our time spent living in Africa. You can't be too careful with the sun, and believe me I am very careful, especially during the hot summer months.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:08 PM

I live 34 degrees from the equator (I think Britain is 50°ish) and I still find the winter unbearable. It was only 17°C today and I was freezing. I was wearing my thermals, T shirt, jeans and pullover but I still needed the heater.

Recently I was thinking of buying a flat in Darwin to live from May to October (dry season) and spend the rest of the year here. It is getting a more attractive proposition as Darwin house prices fall. My only reservation is that each place would be empty for half the year as would be half my bank account
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2017, 01:14 PM

It's daily 17 degrees ( or less) here today at the height of our summer .
It's awful .
Darwin is Tropical lovely and warm great idea !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's daily 17 degrees ( or less) here today at the height of our summer .
It's awful .
Darwin is Tropical lovely and warm great idea !
Spike Milligan did say something along the lines of:

"While Britain swelters in its 60' of summer Australia freezes in its 60' of winter."

His parents lived at Woy Woy on the Central Coast. ("Woy its called Woy Woy I'll never know")

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top