Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:41 AM

Re: Well that woke us all up !

Well we have an apology and he's promised never to do it again, apparently he thinks it funny scaring people! And no didn't hear a thing we have thick fire doors that when closed stop most sounds from front of the building if we are at the back. They must have started it about 7 am so likely tried to keep quiet too.

Chatting to my neighbour next door but one she had a fright when they suddenly appeared at her kitchen window, apparently her cat is still under the bed terrified.

We've had scaffolding before I usually close curtains so dogs don't bark at the workers because they aren't used to seeing people up here either.

They are going to tie a ladder to the bottom and put a notice about danger of climbing it. That's the extent of their security, so I will unusually be closing Windows I think.

Tbf they seem nice enough chaps and one of them was very annoyed at his mate for scaring grace, I think he realised it was very wrong to do.

I've got kettle on for a cup of tea just to say no hard feelings.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:45 AM

Blimey Julie, that was bang out of order!

Still chuckling at the image of the scaredy cat under the bed, lol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well we have an apology and he's promised never to do it again, apparently he thinks it funny scaring people!

I've got kettle on for a cup of tea just to say no hard feelings.

Julie, I am sorry but I would have gone mad at this idiot.

What makes him think it is funny? It was a very personal intrusion.

It totally unprofessional, plus it sounds to me more like he is just a dirty old Peeping Tom!

How did he know who was in the shower?
If it had been a bloke it would have served the weirdo right if he'd got a punch on the nose!
An older person could have had a heart attack!

His employer should have dealt with the man as soon as you reported it. I certainly wouldn't want him working for me and risking my company's reputation.

It it really happened as you described, and Grace was in the shower and some dirty old man stuck his head in and ogled her then tried to pass it off as a joke, I'd have had his guts for garters.

And you are making him cups of tea????
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 11:12 AM

Good grief! Report him! That is not on!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Julie, I am sorry but I would have gone mad at this idiot.

What makes him think it is funny? It was a very personal intrusion.

It totally unprofessional, plus it sounds to me more like he is just a dirty old Peeping Tom!

How did he know who was in the shower?
If it had been a bloke it would have served the weirdo right if he'd got a punch on the nose!
An older person could have had a heart attack!

His employer should have dealt with the man as soon as you reported it. I certainly wouldn't want him working for me and risking my company's reputation.

It it really happened as you described, and Grace was in the shower and some dirty old man stuck his head in and ogled her then tried to pass it off as a joke, I'd have had his guts for garters.

And you are making him cups of tea????
I think he got the message mups, and his mate was and still is giving him grief. I always try to end nasty situations with a cup of tea, I like to think no lasting harm on either side. Grace is ok, she understands the chap is just an idiot, we actually had a laugh it might have given him a shock if he'd got me instead of her.

I think it's important a child doesn't get traumatised by situations, that's why I'm not yelling and screaming about it. She had a fright I don't want to make it a trauma.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 01:58 PM

Better still a good squert (I know I've spelt that wrong) of shampoo right in his eyes.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Julie, you are in the best place to notice what the effect has been on Grace, so I think your approach is the right one.

This man would have to be stupid if he didn't realize his actions could lead to a police interview.... especially as the police are under pressure regarding child abuse..... so let's hope your complaint has taught him a lesson. If he is a pervert and does it again, his workmates will remember this!

Well done Grace for screaming, now everybody knows what an idiot he was!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 02:59 PM

Sorry but, a young girl in the shower and a guy leaning through the window! Nope, I wouldn't let it rest, what would have happened if it had been another child who had not screamed, would he have climbed in?
He shouldn't get the chance to do it again.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 03:12 PM

I find it extremely odd that this article thought it a joke to look through a window just to scare a Child. He must have known it was a bathroom and someone was using it? I believe the real motivation is somewhat more suspect and pervy. Hope the little lass is over the shock now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-08-2017, 04:12 PM

Thanks Dave yes she's fine now, we had a good talk about it and she realises some people can be dangerous but some are just stupid. Also that she did absolutely the right thing screaming, and not tackling him herself, that mum was here and she wasn't in any danger because Elsie dog and Betty dog were on the case too.

I really do think if I'd made a bigger thing of it I might have freaked her out more. She has been a bit jumpy since they had a talk at school about safety I am not quite sure what was said but it upset her a bit. When they go back I'm heading in to see what has been going on I don't believe they would deliberately upset the kids and her teacher I'm sure tried to aim it right but it's not gone down so well with her.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top