Join for free
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 04:58 PM

Re: Let's talk about the Weather.

It was minus 6 on my car dash when I went to the pool this morning, same when I returned. I don't think it's got above freezing all day. Lovely walk with the dog though, as long as you kept moving. Best thing is all the mud is frozen and the Hairy one is clean when we get home.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:10 PM

The roads were fine btw! Lovely sunshine most of the day too!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It was minus 6 on my car dash when I went to the pool this morning, same when I returned. I don't think it's got above freezing all day. Lovely walk with the dog though, as long as you kept moving. Best thing is all the mud is frozen and the Hairy one is clean when we get home.
That’s one of the very reasons cold weather and snow are great. With the lower temperatures and melting snow, the dirt roads get all muddy and their paws and stomachs and fiflthy. Plus they actually get wet and cold so I prefer the snow.
Anything below freezing point keeps things so much cleaner and easier on the dogs and house.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
That’s one of the very reasons cold weather and snow are great. With the lower temperatures and melting snow, the dirt roads get all muddy and their paws and stomachs and fiflthy. Plus they actually get wet and cold so I prefer the snow.
Anything below freezing point keeps things so much cleaner and easier on the dogs and house.

Unless the old gritter lorry comes round throwing salt everywhere to irritate their paws!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:57 PM

... wearing my gilet
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:02 PM

Bratti, beautiful pictures. I'd love to live where you live. SO jealous! I love the frost, cold and snow. Yes, it's cold, but it's clean and fresh. Healthier too.
Sigh. I'm away with the fairies now

We've had frost, a smattering of snow, nothing major though.

Today was really low cloud, cold with pockets of mist. No blue sky or sun in sight

Personally, I want more frost and snow. (sorry)
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yep - I'm with you on that. Minus 2C when we took our first stroll. Same on our last at 16:30. Icy pathways are a bit of a hazard.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Unless the old gritter lorry comes round throwing salt everywhere to irritate their paws!
Yes and the salt. I think the salt hurts their paws more than the cold. The pellets get stuck in between their paw pads.
So true.

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Bratti, beautiful pictures. I'd love to live where you live. SO jealous! I love the frost, cold and snow. Yes, it's cold, but it's clean and fresh. Healthier too.
Sigh. I'm away with the fairies now

We've had frost, a smattering of snow, nothing major though.

Today was really low cloud, cold with pockets of mist. No blue sky or sun in sight

Personally, I want more frost and snow. (sorry)
Thank you Pesta. I think the snow makes everywhere look beautiful. Away with the fairies beautiful but so is that frost. All the amazing patterns it creates. Mother Nature is amazing and I love where I live to and am very lucky .

I’ll send my snow fairy your way
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:54 PM

-4 here at the moment (Hampshire). My car was frozen solid this morning and will be again tomorrow I expect.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:01 PM

No gritter in the woods where I was walking. I don't take Dageus onto the roads near the town, park either at the woods, beach or the reef.

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top