Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Re: Are You Or, Have You Ever Been Frightened Of Committment?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Okay thanks TessA. I know we're not allowed to mention other members like this, but I was concerned about him. Hope he's okay

Floydy m'duck, you'd best look in the Health section for the sad update.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:42 PM

Yes it would depend on what you’re committed to.
I’m ultra committed to my husband and two dogs. My dogs especially mean the world to me and they get my dedicated devotion exclusively 24/7. My husband comes a close second. Then I have a cat, a brother , two parents and some friends. I have responsibilities that I take very seriously and most revolve around my family life so I change my answer.
I’m not afraid of commitment. I actually embrace them.

Making plans that involve others whom I’m not committed to I’m not committed to.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Floydy m'duck, you'd best look in the Health section for the sad update.
Thank you Mups. A terrible shock
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 06:09 PM

Yes like a few others on here I was afraid to commit to a bigger mortgage, mainly through job security, but the housing market crash in the early nineties didn’t help either, our house is too small for three of us, although in the summer we can stretch our legs a bit as we have an extra room with the summer house, of course hindsight is a wonderful thing, and it would have been ok, maybe I’m old fashioned but I put my wife and son first, and didn’t want to overstretch ourselves, especially as my wife gave up her job to bring up our son, and if I did lose my job ( as did happen for a few weeks) we could afford to run this house, of course now I don’t want to commit to any large loans ect, as I am now looking to semi retire in a couple of years, ( a pipe dream maybe)..
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 09:48 AM

Life is a commitment, marriage is one of the biggest commitments that’s entered into willingly... many live to regret.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top